[AOSP Build STABLE] GimpSource | FRG83D | ROM & Themes

swallisa

Reaction score
So far so good. Nice to see a simple ROM without tons of garbage in it like hideous themes or odd apps.

Beauty is this is just the stable base the skies the limit now. We are only held back by the gimp squads creativity.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had some issues with market on install. wiped data and cache and was on my way. Now to reinstall apps.

Awesome work.

Going to plug in Chevy's ulv 1.1 in a bit.

taward09

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the Market not restoring their apps? None of mine have restored...

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Has anyone had any issues with the Market not restoring their apps? None of mine have restored...

Ya I thought that was only gonna happen to the 5 of us but I guess not..... hmmmm well it will be looked into but not a big problem. I noticed all apps say installed but not in the restoreing area......

Ti back works in batch yayyyy

Ozzie

Reaction score
So far so good. Nice to see a simple ROM without tons of garbage in it like hideous themes or odd apps.

Beauty is this is just the stable base the skies the limit now. We are only held back by the gimp squads creativity.

This is what I like to hear...we have room for stuff!
This does feel very solid for me so far...small footprint and fast once again...a guy could get used to this...:)

Great work to all involved...I'm liking it!
Congrats to davros on his first build!

gwwjpd

Reaction score
Fast and smooth so far, thanks for all your hard work Davros.

I'm just running the stock Kernel, and using SetCPU to overclock and set profiles.

One question, where did you put the ringtones and notifications?
Some were listed twice. So I went into system/media/audio, and into the ringtones and notifications folders and deleted the ones I didn't want.
But when I go into Setting - Sounds to change it, there's still a lot there.
One of them is "VZW default", where are they located. I've looked, but can't find them.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Hmmm did you wipe? And I may know why that's like that but I am not seeing it on my phone. I'll look at it when I'm back on "duty" I'm hanging out with two ladies I have been ignoring for the past week or 2.....

EricTheRed760

Reaction score
Found a bug for ya guys.

I was using Ninjamorph to change my status bar background, and once the process finished, the app froze. The phone itself was still active, I could pull down the status bar, and all the icons in it were working, but Ninjamorph was frozen. Then, when I rebooted, I got stuck in a bootloop.

Hooray for backups...

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Found a bug for ya guys.

I was using Ninjamorph to change my status bar background, and once the process finished, the app froze. The phone itself was still active, I could pull down the status bar, and all the icons in it were working, but Ninjamorph was frozen. Then, when I rebooted, I got stuck in a bootloop.

Hooray for backups...

Not a bug ......

Do not theme with those apps. They will not work. As you can see themes haven't been released because of boot loops I'm getting themeing the real way. Xml edits are a major issue right now, it is a known AOSP build issue. I have themes ready cept for xml edits, soon as I go back to my laptop I can release at least black bar.

....Ninjamorph edits xmls not pngs....

swallisa

Reaction score
Fast and smooth so far, thanks for all your hard work Davros.

I'm just running the stock Kernel, and using SetCPU to overclock and set profiles.

One question, where did you put the ringtones and notifications?
Some were listed twice. So I went into system/media/audio, and into the ringtones and notifications folders and deleted the ones I didn't want.
But when I go into Setting - Sounds to change it, there's still a lot there.
One of them is "VZW default", where are they located. I've looked, but can't find them.

Check your sdcard media/ringtones/notifications especially if you came from miui they were putting in both locations when miui was having troubles with music.