[ROM] | aokp | axi0m [b] | kang | 4.0.3 | 2/24/2012 |

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
My data was also find the first 24 hours.
But I switch back and forth between wifi and 3G. During the day I'm on WiFI almost all the time, and have the data connection disabled (this is the same thing Juice Defender does).

Since this morning though, the data has refused to connect, no matter what I do.
I've tried pulling the SIM, going through the LTE -> GSM -> LTE switch, toggling airplane mode, rebooting, everything I can think of.
Data just wouldn't connect.

I restored the stock 2.3 ROM, data connected immediately :-(

Well then, I must test this! Thank you.

gobi42

Reaction score
My data was also find the first 24 hours.
But I switch back and forth between wifi and 3G. During the day I'm on WiFI almost all the time, and have the data connection disabled (this is the same thing Juice Defender does).

Since this morning though, the data has refused to connect, no matter what I do.
I've tried pulling the SIM, going through the LTE -> GSM -> LTE switch, toggling airplane mode, rebooting, everything I can think of.
Data just wouldn't connect.

I restored the stock 2.3 ROM, data connected immediately :-(
That is exactly what happened to me. What would we have to change in source code to get it to default to cdma/lte instead of gsm

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
Ok guys...I connected to my home wi-fi for about 15 minutes, then switched back to LTE, and wouldn't you know it, my data stopped working. I switched to just CDMA and was able to connect to 3G and get data, however, as soon as I went back to LTE, I lost data connection.

So it appears the 3G is solid, if you switch your mobile network to CDMA only.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
My data has been solid for the 3 days I have been running this update. I am not using the built in power saver or my trusty JD(not ICS compatible per Dev).

I'd anyone having issues using any of these two apps or something similar?

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using DroidForums

dysfunkshun

Reaction score
When im texting, sometimes it wont type anything, or it will give me autocorrect options but nothing is in the text body. anyone else run into this?

Other than that, its been pretty awesome!!!

mhackett71

Reaction score
Since i have the latest RSD and Zip, i reFlashed the ROM,,, i have migrated my apps back in, and rebooting frequently while near my Laptop just in case..

Been running smooth 8 hours this time, No updates or apps starting on the boot screens...

NO HDMI / or Dock other than bedside mode. Colors in the setting stay blue,, havent gotte them to change yet.

DATA, I work @ Amex and usually lucky to get a 3g signal indoors... I have Low4g now. Seems to be a lot better signal ! and battery life seems to be awesome as well. After 2 hours med use, i was @ 90% , i am running on the Extended battery if that makes any Diff..

Hope i dont crash/softbrick.... but have the tools to be up in 15 minutes afterwards :D

Thanks again to everyone for the input, !! I always try to read everything to get opinions and issues before leaping :D
DEV's Awesome job as always keep it up !!

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
I always run wifi when at my house to save on battery. I have no issues with it immediately reconnecting to 4g when I shut off wifi. Once day one this has been running beautifully for me. I am liking my bionic now more than my nexus because the options available in this from far out way the few things that are still broken like the video camera and panoramic picture function. Still shots on the bionic are much better than the nexus.

Sent from my AXI0M AOKP using DroidForums

gobi42

Reaction score
anyone who is having issues with data should check out team gummy's ics build i've been running for a day and have none of the data issues still has some data drops but none of the data losses like some of you are experiencing here is a link to thier topic over on rootzwiki Team gummy ICS4 boinic - RootzWiki

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
anyone who is having issues with data should check out team gummy's ics build i've been running for a day and have none of the data issues still has some data drops but none of the data losses like some of you are experiencing here is a link to thier topic over on rootzwiki Team gummy ICS4 boinic - RootzWiki

I been running Gummy for half a day now, it is leaner since it is ICS4BIONIC with about a quarter of the available settings that Kang offers in AOKP. Less complex and seems to burn less battery so far, I do miss the Kang settings really but I am going to run it for a full day so I will have had tried ALL available ICS ROMS for Bionic so far and can make a decision on which I am going to stick with barring any major changes to any of them. So far Axi0m AOKP is my first pick but the battery use started to go south on the 3rd day running it, have to figure that one out.

gobi42

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed it as well with eclispe I was at 70 after 10 hours with aokp I would have had to put it on the charger

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

battle

Reaction score
quickboot?

I just flashed the rom.
No issues so far.

However, I am using safestrap and whenever I hold the power button, expecting the power menu to pop up, it just quick reboots.
No option to boot into recovery....

Anyone else seeing this?
Anyone know how to boot into safestrap recovery?

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I switched over to Gummy for a test drive from this ROM. I did get the power menu as expected. There is a power menu setting in Kang Menu I believe, maybe double check there.

Upon reboot your are supposed to see Safestrap recovery menu, if not, uninstall and reinstall. I don't believe the safestrap folder containing data and backups were deleted but to be safe you might want to backup the Safestrap folders first
:biggrin:

EDIT: Just had a second thought, I have done this on non-safe side without issue but not on safe side, I wouldn't think it would be any different. Can someone else verify this though? Don't want to get you bricked!

Last edited:

Nevermore

Reaction score
Totally loving this rom, but having severe battery drain issues. Pulled from charger this am at 6:30am and by noon it was dead. I have the extended battery in as well and it was hardly being used.

Any tips to improve the battery life? I don't want to leave ICS :biggrin:

Thanks!!!:icon_ banana::hail:

battle

Reaction score
I switched over to Gummy for a test drive from this ROM. I did get the power menu as expected. There is a power menu setting in Kang Menu I believe, maybe double check there.

Upon reboot your are supposed to see Safestrap recovery menu, if not, uninstall and reinstall. I don't believe the safestrap folder containing data and backups were deleted but to be safe you might want to backup the Safestrap folders first
:biggrin:

EDIT: Just had a second thought, I have done this on non-safe side without issue but not on safe side, I wouldn't think it would be any different. Can someone else verify this though? Don't want to get you bricked!

Now, I am getting a android.phone.com error that won't go away.
Forcing me to pull out the battery.
When powering back up, I can access the safestrap recovery mode again.
I am currently trying to reinstall the rom just because I like ICS way better than GB.

How do you like gummy vs Axi0m kang?

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I prefer axi0m AOKP's amount of customization settings compared to Gummy. Gummy has a couple tweaks that work well and seems lighter on battery so really it's if you like clean n simple or little more complex functions that you will use IMO. Give it a try and see what you think.

Hopefully your reflash corrects issues you are having.