Anyway to send phone back that's been rooted

OP
B

badazprelude

Reaction score
I'm not sure. Never had hands on with a S3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Im sure they have a way of telling that's what they put me in when my razr wouldn't work the gps just stop working lol

B

Bakerboy448

They will charge you. rooting voids warranty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
Not true.
I direct you to this thread.
To Clear Up Any Misconceptions Users May Have About Rooting And Warranties - DroidRzr.com

TLDR:
Rooting your device does not "VOID YOUR WARRANTY" HOWEVER-if you do root your phone, unlock it's bootloader, alter the system or run a rom and BORK your phone in the process Motorola is not required to help you. You do, however still have a warranty.

Wha? What? What does he mean! Tucstwo, YOU ARE WRONG!!!
Let me clear the air. In 1975, the federal government passed The Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. While this act covers a lot of other warranty related issues, the part that applies to us is this: Motorola cannot void your entire warranty because your phone has been modified by rooting/romming. However, if you're phone develops an issue (ex. bricks, won't turn on, etc) they (Motorola) have to prove that the failure was the direct result of your alteration. And then are not required to fix/replace your phone.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
It's not concrete.. simply rooting your phone does give them the right to say they will not service you, doesn't mean they wont, but thats why they install the root checker. If you return a phone and there is something wrong with it, they will check if you are rooted and if you were then, good luck.

Spey

Reaction score
I read somewhere (most likely over at XDA) that the device has a switch setting (I am assuming in the registry) with three options (0, 1, 2). 0 & 1 begin related to current status unrooted/rooted, and 2 related to history (2 = phone has been rooted at least one time). I would assume the 0 & 1 is the flag that determines y/n display the "nag" screen that the device is currently rooted. So, the goal would be to be able to reset the switch back to origination.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yup.. don't remember seeing about the 2 though. 0/0 is non rooted and 1/0 is rooted IIRC. Once rooted it will always read 1/0 no matter current state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Yup.. don't remember seeing about the 2 though. 0/0 is non rooted and 1/0 is rooted IIRC. Once rooted it will always read 1/0 no matter current state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Actually it reads 0/0 for non rooted, 1/1 for currently rooted, and 0/1 for has been rooted but is not currently.