Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, I'm browsing for watch faces on my phone and I see several that say you need at least Andoird 5. Since I got 2 updates and wasn't sure what version it started with anyway, I just checked.

And now I know what irony is. My watch has a higher android version than my phone...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Takes a little fine tuning, but I like the ability to mute apps from the watch.

I don't really notice anything change when I tap sunlight mode in the drop down. You?

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Nothing. But I haven't seen the sun in 2 days so hoping to try it outside some time soon.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I find that I prefer the screen to always be on. We'll see after a full charge & a full day's use, but each time I make the decision to turn it off, I end up turning it back on later.

I was gonna wait to get on this train, but after a few hours, I feel like it was a solid investment. I mentioned in another thread, it's got just enough functionality & apps to please me, but this feels like the good old days of being the only one I knew with the G1. Can't wait to see how the ecosystem evolves.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
have one running 5.01 . Liking it, just need to get around to finding a good replacement band.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh yeah. It updated when I first turned it on, then I got a notification of another update by the time I got back to work (got delivered while I was home for lunch, thank God). Some of the apps I was looking at advised of only using them if you had at least 5, so I checked & I'm on 5.0.1. Liking the improvements they made even though I didn't have much time with the first update. Lol. More settings in the mute pull down ftw!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When I saved it to drive, it said it couldn't open it, but when I gmailed it, it worked.

b526dd5c241e3b7ed648d1f166c994fd.jpg

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Santa Tracker!
I have no TAKE SS OPTION"?!?!?!?!?

Wow.
So I really gave it a test yesterday. I had the face ALWAYS ON for about 8 hours yesterday. (I like it on, too). I took it off the charger yesterday at 8AM. I had quite the long day. Work>Home>Bar>Friends House> Back to bar...
I got home at 2:45AM. Battery was at 23%. This is at lowest brightness where I've had it set since I opened the box. I prefer lowest, not using it for battery savings.
I'm impressed. After reading some reviews of Android Wear 5.0.1, people said battery life took a hit. If this is a "hit" I'm happy.

Sunlight Mode: Not a toggle. All it does is jack up the brightness to the highest level for 5 seconds and then it reverts to what you have it set at.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Santa Tracker!
I have no TAKE SS OPTION"?!?!?!?!?

Wow.
So I really gave it a test yesterday. I had the face ALWAYS ON for about 8 hours yesterday. (I like it on, too). I took it off the charger yesterday at 8AM. I had quite the long day. Work>Home>Bar>Friends House> Back to bar...
I got home at 2:45AM. Battery was at 23%. This is at lowest brightness where I've had it set since I opened the box. I prefer lowest, not using it for battery savings.
I'm impressed. After reading some reviews of Android Wear 5.0.1, people said battery life took a hit. If this is a "hit" I'm happy.

Sunlight Mode: Not a toggle. All it does is jack up the brightness to the highest level for 5 seconds and then it reverts to what you have it set at.
The option is right in the settings of the wear app. I noticed it before PC posted the info. You may have to enabled developer options for it to work. I already did that, so that might be why?

Glad to know you had such a great day with it. Both my phone & watch are at about 91% battery, so as long as they last about the same, I'll be plenty pleased.