anyone get the ota update today

JimmyD

Reaction score
So far, I've only seen one comment online about a person receiving the OTA update today.

:) It's nice to see the official FroYo build rolling out!

zfly9

Reaction score
So far, I've only seen one comment online about a person receiving the OTA update today.

And why hasn't he/she uploaded the .zip?

hart.jordan

Reaction score
I can imagine it'll still be a few days till we see a large number of comments with good news.

JimmyD

Reaction score

And why hasn't he/she uploaded the .zip?

:huh: I dunno... I wish he/she/it would have done that as well!!! :huh:

It was a comment to a blog posting over on Droid-Life.... Someone posted something to the effect of: "Just received the 2.2 OTA from Verizon" ...or something like that.

I would imagine that we will see the update. zip file online by midnight tonight at least. :) (I HOPE!!)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. The update isn't suppose to start until tomorrow. I doubt anybody has it right now.

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Update isint supposed to start until 12 am Tuesday Morning.So 12 am east.tonight! Have a friend whos a Verizon tech and said that tonights the night!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update isint supposed to start until 12 am Tuesday Morning.So 12 am east.tonight! Have a friend whos a Verizon tech and said that tonights the night!

Sorry to tell you this but don't expect to get it tonight unless you are very lucky. They don't let the majority of people have it for a few days after the initial releases. That way if something is screwed up they can halt it before everyone gets hit with it.

iPirate

Reaction score
You guys are waiting for 2.2? I'm already on 2.4 OTA

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am not one to dive into things at the bleeding edge. I personally will wait until someone does a nandroid backup, saves it on the comp and then lets the OTA 2.2 install. Play with it, root it and get it working.
Personally, I have customized my phone considerably and I love it. I do not want to see it all taken away nor do I want to wait weeks to get it all back. Not saying that would happen but... if there is a chance, why risk it.