Anyone get the OTA 4.4.2 push yet?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone get the VZW OTA 4.4.2 push yet?

Verizon supposedly pushing out today to all users. I keep hitting "Check for Updates" like a crazed, obsessed fool but no love yet. Report in here if and when you get it!

Last edited:

Scott0719

Reaction score
I just checked and didn't get it yet. It will probably slowly come out over the next week or two.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

tbolted

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet but maybe if there were a couple more threads about it, it would come sooner.

Snoking

Reaction score
I got it Monday morning. Nothing that different about. Mostly behind the scenes changes. Sit back and have a beer. That will be more exciting than 4.4.2. No I am not a soak tester. I am signed up on Motorola Connect. Chris

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
My MotoX was delivered around 1pm and the first thing I did after turning it on was checking for the update and sure enough, there it was!
And yes, it's a Verizon phone.

Scott0719

Reaction score
My wife got hers so I checked mine and got it downloading now.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Today seems to be the day. Everyone I've talked to has gotten the push update. Mine didn't even ask me to download. Don't like that.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, only a little over an hour with the update, as was mentioned I don't see anything significantly different. However I am pleased with the update:

The Good:

1) Latest version of Android! My last two Androids it took forever to get updates from Big Red. By time I did it was Android version or two behind what was now available. I love that with this phone we seem to be getting updates quicker.
2) No issues with the update. Also with my last two Androids, every update caused the thing to become laggier and less responsive. So far no performance hit seems to be taken, the phone is a responsive and fast as it was prior to the update.

The Bad:
Nothing yet.

I know 4.4.2 has caused some battery life issues for HTC One users. So I will be monitoring my battery life closely following this update.