Anyone else without FoxFi after ICS update >

careydavid

Reaction score
I see a lot of talk about Wi-Fi Hotspot mode, but nearly none about Bluetooth DUN mode. The Wi-Fi Hotspot never worked on my phone, and it's not a big deal for me, but being unable to use either mode really sucks.

As soon as I make a connection to my phone from my computer for internet, the 3g on my phone shuts off. If I try to access a website, I get redirected to https://dunsp.vzw.com/ newSelfProvisioning /SelfProvisioning (spaces added to kill auto-url link not showing in full). This never happened before. I've tried the various things people have mentioned despite the fact that they meant it was a fix for Wi-Fi mode, but still no luck.

Has anyone gotten BT DUN mode to work since the update? Or maybe I should ask, "has anyone had BT DUN mode break since the update, and then managed to fix it?"

I too am having the same problem with my Verizon Razr since the update. Prior no problem connecting my ASUS tablet with my Droid using BT DUN. Now Foxfi tells me Fail to open Bluetooth even after everything I have seen suggested here. Even uninstall ed and reinstalled latest version of Foxfi. Hoping someone here runs as cross a solution. I refuse to pay tethering to Big Red.

Scott B

Reaction score
You have to delete the network info off of your computer, then turn foxfi back on and create the network again. I had the same issue and this was the way I fixed it. Works like a charm now!

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
Foxfi has not worked right for me since the update. I've tried renaming and all that but the only way I can get mine to work is to restart the phone then Foxfi will connect. If I disconnect and try to start Foxfi again all get is the failed to connect message. I restart the phone again and it works fine.

jaybogg

Reaction score
I have noticed, a lot of threads here addressing FoxFi. I truly have to wonder how much of this is FoxFi, and how much is the phone. I had mixed results using FoxFi under Gingerbread but could always get a connection in 1-2 tries. ICS gave the same results except it went to 1-3 tries. Loaded leaked .215, same results as .211. Rooted my phone and still the same results. It's not enough of a hassle to make me mess with it as I only use it occasionally when on trips or cable doesn't work. Yes, Comcast has their problems too!! With all the varied results, I am not so quick to blame FoxFi, for me, the jury is still out.

Last edited:

montanacur

Reaction score
Are you guys turning on USB debugging? That would fix your issues if it is off. Ics update turned it off on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

xtor

Reaction score
montanacur said:
Are you guys turning on USB debugging? That would fix your issues if it is off. Ics update turned it off on my phone.

Where is usb debugging?

point of origin

montanacur

Reaction score
Correct. I am really surprised no else has brought that up. The older version of pdanet always reminded you to turn on USB debugging in order to make it work. I found I couldn't get foxfi to work after the ics update so I checked it out and sure enough USB debugging was unchecked. One quick selection and I was back in business. It works 100% of the time, every time.

montanacur

Reaction score
Also, people should be downloading pdanet as well as foxfi. They were originally integrated into one another. This may also resolve some problems.

tundra9

Reaction score
Foxfi not working...

Okay when i use Foxfi after the latest update on my Droid Razr (ics), It works initially on a fresh boot, but if my wifi gets disconnected or drops, when i try to then re-initiate Foxfi as a hotspot, i get the Wifi error. If i reboot my phone and change the network name, it WILL work again until the above happens... I have to rinse and repeat this process over and over pretty much everytime i want to use Foxfi and hotspot my razr to my tablet (nexus 7). This gets REALLy frustrating...

I have tried various things to fix this to no avail:

-"Fast Reboot" app
-renaming network
-disconnect / reconnect network
-turn off / on wifi
-try bluetooth
-uninstall / reinstall latest Foxfi
-installed Foxfi supplemental app
-installed PDAnet
-turned on / off / on USB debugging
-wished upon a star
-sacrificed a goat

NOTHING has worked...i still MUST reboot my phone and rename the network every time i wish to have foxfi hotspot work on my razr. Does anyone have ANY other possible solutions to this problem? Foxfi seems to recognize this as an issue but seems to brush it off like rebooting is no big deal. I suppose if i used foxfi to connect a stationary device like a laptop or computer this would not be a big deal, but i use it on the go while traveling with a tablet and often times lose my data connection and subsequently wifi. I would just like to discover a way to have Foxfi run my Razr as a hotspot anytime while disconnecting and reconnecting whenever i want all day without having to reboot...Any ideas?

ekf028

Reaction score
Okay when i use Foxfi after the latest update on my Droid Razr (ics), It works initially on a fresh boot, but if my wifi gets disconnected or drops, when i try to then re-initiate Foxfi as a hotspot, i get the Wifi error. If i reboot my phone and change the network name, it WILL work again until the above happens... I have to rinse and repeat this process over and over pretty much everytime i want to use Foxfi and hotspot my razr to my tablet (nexus 7). This gets REALLy frustrating...

I have tried various things to fix this to no avail:

-"Fast Reboot" app
-renaming network
-disconnect / reconnect network
-turn off / on wifi
-try bluetooth
-uninstall / reinstall latest Foxfi
-installed Foxfi supplemental app
-installed PDAnet
-turned on / off / on USB debugging
-wished upon a star
-sacrificed a goat

NOTHING has worked...i still MUST reboot my phone and rename the network every time i wish to have foxfi hotspot work on my razr. Does anyone have ANY other possible solutions to this problem? Foxfi seems to recognize this as an issue but seems to brush it off like rebooting is no big deal. I suppose if i used foxfi to connect a stationary device like a laptop or computer this would not be a big deal, but i use it on the go while traveling with a tablet and often times lose my data connection and subsequently wifi. I would just like to discover a way to have Foxfi run my Razr as a hotspot anytime while disconnecting and reconnecting whenever i want all day without having to reboot...Any ideas?

I've learned that as well today on my bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2