Anyone else without FoxFi after ICS update >

Nealius

Reaction score
Did you guys read the description in the market ? They state there is an issue on the RAZR phone. Restart the app or reboot your phone

helron

Reaction score
Stopped the app
Cleared data
Restart Razr
Connect 2 out of 20 tries.
Actually, based on posts, app is not working as it should, or does, on non-razr models.
Remedy required by Motorola? Yes?
Fix for Foxfire? If they feel it's warranted:)
The saga will continue.

Prelude90

Reaction score
You have to change your network name then shut phone off then restart. Simple as that and it works a lot better. But you have to download the new version of foxfi first. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Prelude90

Reaction score
Like using proxy. That is the add on. So you have done everything and it is still bringing up an error.

Prelude90

Reaction score
I have the LTE switch. But mine is set up on cdma auto (pro)

helron

Reaction score
I've shut it down, restarted, changed net name, and even did the 0.0.0.0 etc. Annoying to shut phone upon each disconnect. Sometimes it works, more often, not.
Foxfi Bluetooth fails to connect to my Razr. Razr's BT fails to pair. Prior to ICS I was able to BT a 4g connection to IPAD3!!!
That was great. NOw, my Smartphone is now a Dumbphone:)

OP
P

Pyzon

Reaction score
You know, when I started this thread I had already followed some of the suggestions that are listed here, all without success.

But now, after FoxFi is again performing its' magic for me again, I think I recall seeing something that might be of help to some of you.

After I deleted my original FoxFi and re-downloaded it, the version that installed was like 1.80 or so, which I think I may have gotten from the Play Store. When that didn't work, i downloaded the add-on, again maybe from the Play Store, and again without success.

Finally after farting around for several days and becoming ever more frustrated, I once again deleted and re-installed, but this time from the Amazon appstore, and that version is 1.91.3 and it also notes the presence of the add-on when activated. And most importantly, it works as good as it did before. Wish I would have kept better track of where I visited and the version downloaded each time so I could pin this issue on this for sure.

Best regards, all.

Pyzon

helron

Reaction score
Pyzon,
Just did what u suggested and had no luck.
It seems as if FoxFi will not activate unless a fresh boot is initiated prior to starting app.
Tried Market and Amazon, both have v,1.91.3 and add on v.3011
Pulling my hair out, notified Fox developer, and re-read that Razrnis fully supported.
Are other users also having to reboot phone prior to second initiation on same reboot?
In other words, if I restart my cell, use Foxfi - sit works! BUT, if I stop it, close, it shut it, I can not go back in and connect. I am forced to restart phone.
Do u use a Razr??? All feedback is appreciated.

Kinoko

Reaction score
I see a lot of talk about Wi-Fi Hotspot mode, but nearly none about Bluetooth DUN mode. The Wi-Fi Hotspot never worked on my phone, and it's not a big deal for me, but being unable to use either mode really sucks.

As soon as I make a connection to my phone from my computer for internet, the 3g on my phone shuts off. If I try to access a website, I get redirected to https://dunsp.vzw.com/ newSelfProvisioning /SelfProvisioning (spaces added to kill auto-url link not showing in full). This never happened before. I've tried the various things people have mentioned despite the fact that they meant it was a fix for Wi-Fi mode, but still no luck.

Has anyone gotten BT DUN mode to work since the update? Or maybe I should ask, "has anyone had BT DUN mode break since the update, and then managed to fix it?"

Last edited:

helron

Reaction score
Foxfi BT also fails for me.
Prior to ICS upgrade I was able to go to BTmy phone to my iPad 3 - using the data plan from my phone. I can no longer do this with Razr's BT or using Foxfi.
I findFoxfi ONLY works after a full phone reboot, and at times, that has failed also.
U need to ensue wifi is off, enter rename Foxfi name and enter passcodes. It will auto turn on wifi...let it!
Then, on other device, search for the new network our cell just created by Foxfi. Connect as u would to any new network.
Read the boards...lots of useful stuff here.

I notified Foxfi of my issues, hopefully they will research issue. If more folks notify them, I'm sure they will. Lol

helron

Reaction score
Mine is stock, never rooted. Foxfi only works upon reboot.

OP
P

Pyzon

Reaction score
Sorry I can't explain how I got mine back......I was trying everything suggested.......All I can suggest is keep trying.

travistee

Reaction score
I'm using foxfi with the addon, and it working fine on my razr. I don't have the ice cream sandwich update yet, but
I want to know how to set up a proxy server to work with the addon, like foxfi says to do.

I can't find the foxfi email address, so if you have it or know how to set up the proxy server let me know.

thanks

helron

Reaction score
I'm using foxfi with the addon, and it working fine on my razr. I don't have the ice cream sandwich update yet, but
I want to know how to set up a proxy server to work with the addon, like foxfi says to do.

I can't find the foxfi email address, so if you have it or know how to set up the proxy server let me know.

thanks

Again, had to reboot razr to enable Foxfi. So annoying for razr users.
Email is Foxfi.com

As for proxy with add on ...I did it on my iPad using the settings in my network/wfi. Go to where u would change Dhcp, etc., settings on wor connected device,