Anyone else without FoxFi after ICS update >

Pyzon

Reaction score
I followed the advice from the folks at FoxFi regarding re-naming the network, without success, The error I get from my Toshiba Laptop is that the wireless network settings do not match the network settings (?) and on the RAZR I get the message that WiFi mode has failed on my phone and to use BT mode instead (doesn't matter if the RAZR is logged into my home wireless network or is using 4G) . I sent FoxFi an email yesterday and have not yet received a reply, but since it used to work so cool and it is so free I don't want to beat them up just yet. I miss this incredible app a lot already.

Thanks for any help.

Pyzon

Last edited:
OP
P

Pyzon

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but still no joy with FoxFi. I must be the only one that is without it after the upgrade to ICS.

The weirdest thing is that when the RAZR is connected via WiFi, when I turn on FoxFi the Wifi gets shut off, and then I get the error saying that WiFi mode has failed on my phone !!

Frustrating, and still no reply from my email to FoxFi about this, so that is adding to the frustration.

Pyzon

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Foxfi uses your network data to create a hotspot...I don't think it ever worked when connected to Wi-Fi

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Foxfi uses your network data to create a hotspot...I don't think it ever worked when connected to Wi-Fi

^^^ This.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk 2

brobox

Reaction score
My Razr just received the ICS update today. The first app I checked was Foxfi where I had to enter my WAP password again. After switching my laptop from my home wi-fi to Foxfi, my laptop showed Android38 but no internet connection. It took about 5 minutes and Foxfi popped up with an internet connected message and my laptop came to life. It has never taken that long before, but it did work

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Delete and reinstall if clearing data and force stopping doesn't work.

helron

Reaction score
Delete and reinstall if clearing data and force stopping doesn't work.

I was able to connect Razr to IPAD3 via Bluetooth before ICS. Now, NOTHING. No Blue No Foxfi to device.
Tried Foxfi and still nothing. As I doing something wrong? I went thorugh all the steps of forcing a stop, clearing the cache, etc. Foxfi is a NO Fi for me....LOL HELP, pls/.

So, since Droid Razr FoxFi died with ICS upgrade. I also checked my status and need some help from FORUM gurus.****Pls advise Preferred Network mode? is it Global, LTE/CMDA or GSM/UMTS?
I ran test *#*#4636#*#* and my RAZR displays LTE/CMDA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA as my connetion to 4G. Is this correct?

Last edited:
OP
P

Pyzon

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful comments, but still no luck. I know FoxFi uses LTE, but I meant that for some reason I get those error messages, doesn't matter what I am using prior to turning it on.

What is the add-on mentioned ? I'll look in the appstore for that.

Regards...

helron

Reaction score
The add on is in the store,under Foxfi. Tried it and it also failed.
Did u run test above, if so, does it show LTE/CMDA/EVDO/GSM/WCDMA. That's what mine shows when Network mode is Global.UGH! This is so frustrating.

helron

Reaction score
I got it to work!
I can now connect Razr w ICS using Foxfi.
Read how to do it:
U must change to LTE?CMDA/EVO
Do not use any other connection.
In app store use LTE On OFf if u are not comfortable with dialing *#*#4636#*#*
Google LTE On OFf. It's safe and allows u to swith from 4G to 3g plus other options!

OP
P

Pyzon

Reaction score
OK, now I have LTE On/Off installed, and in the drop down I see LTE/CDMA/EvDo as a choice (I assume your instructions to change to LTE?CDMA/EVO is a typo, right ?)
When I select LTE/CDMA/EvDo, I still get the same FoxFI error that "Wifi mode has failed on your phone, Please use Bluetooth mode instead" below the Activate WiFi hotspot checkbox. Are you saying that it will work using 3G but not LTE or am I still confused ?

Thanks for the suggestions, but I still can't connect FoxFi, and the add-on did nothing either. And I have deleted FoxFi and re-installed several times.

OP
P

Pyzon

Reaction score
Welllllllllllllllllllllll......seems I was not persistent enough. I (for the 4th or 5th time) uninstalled FoxFi, reinstalled from the Amazon Appstore and lo and behold, it works again !!

Thanks all for the helpful hints, but I still maintain that a note back from the developer in reply to emails would be nice, but hey, it's free, so when it works, life is good !

helron

Reaction score
Welllllllllllllllllllllll......seems I was not persistent enough. I (for the 4th or 5th time) uninstalled FoxFi, reinstalled from the Amazon Appstore and lo and behold, it works again !!

Thanks all for the helpful hints, but I still maintain that a note back from the developer in reply to emails would be nice, but hey, it's free, so when it works, life is good ![/QUOTE

Guess what? The darned signal failed, and I can no longer connect! Did uninstalls, etc......it just sucks and is not stable for all razrs. Prior to ICS I was able to use 4G to connect to my iPad free via blue tooth . now I can't do anything with ICS. Ics update didn't do anything for me except give me a lot of bother!