anyone else tired of cellphone hypocondria?

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Uhm no. Maybe they've just had a more solid network.. they've had months to update it. Duh. And my bionic has been so solid since day 1. So no i dont need justification for anything. I had the gnex for one day. I live in the styx.. and it just had terrrible service... i mean bad. Volumn problems.. portrait to landscape is transitions are so slow. Camera sucks. No sd card. Multitouch is screwed. So many apps dont work. Brought it right back. Rn its just a bugfest. I may try it again. But not soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

then why are you trolling the GN forums......:icon_eek:

captdroid

Reaction score
Right ... anyone says anything bad about the allmighty gnex, its trolling. *rollseyes*

That's Mr. allmighty gnex to you bubonic user... lol :)

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Right ... anyone says anything bad about the allmighty gnex, its trolling. *rollseyes*

no, but i don't go into the bionic forums telling everyone i'm glad i dumped the piece of crap for the GN :D

hydro556

Reaction score
I had the Bionic for about 10 days. It was a nice phone, had the expected bugs, but I knew those would be addressed.

I couldnt get past the mediocre display and the worthless camera.

Glad I sent it back and held out for the Nex. Mine is perfect. Camera is awesome, and the screen is amazing, peerless.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Hypochondria is one thing but a phone with no service at all is another. And if one phone has service while another doesn't it doesn't fit the definition of hypochondria.

But all those only comparing bars of signal while their phone is working fine isn't helping the issue.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love how the galaxy nexus is okay because it's a new phone with a new os and it's unlocked bootloader in it and its so great and blah blah blah the bionic had a few 4g problems everyone else ended up having with thier 4g phones too (and even more problems with the gneX)...but everyone called the bionic a piece of junk cuz it was out first... i remember when every said gnex this and that and the thing came out with more problems than rzr rezound and bionic combined... lol Unreal the favoritism here.. and come to find out 80% of the data drops where network related not bionic... So glad i did not get gnex now. Bug city.

The phone came out with more bugs then the Bionic, Razr, and Rezound? You're kidding.. We've reported, what? Signal issues(which seem to have been getting better for most people- and personally no problems here), the first few days we reported bad battery life(now people are posting screenshots of amazing battery life for a 4G phone), and the phone getting hot while charging..

Uh? That's not that much. The Bionic was plagued with so much more, and look how long it took to get all these updates.. going on 3months. Of course though, user experience varies. Some phones come with a lot of bugs, others don't. You say yours didn't, but that doesn't get rid of the fact on how so many others were.

Not to mention, this is a forum guys. Most people on here found the site from either reporting problems they have had, or looking for their questions to be answered. We are the minority as there is so many more people with these phones then just us registered users. Other people with no problems aren't coming to these sites because they have no need to.

BOA

Reaction score
I love how the galaxy nexus is okay because it's a new phone with a new os and it's unlocked bootloader in it and its so great and blah blah blah the bionic had a few 4g problems everyone else ended up having with thier 4g phones too (and even more problems with the gneX)...but everyone called the bionic a piece of junk cuz it was out first... i remember when every said gnex this and that and the thing came out with more problems than rzr rezound and bionic combined... lol Unreal the favoritism here.. and come to find out 80% of the data drops where network related not bionic... So glad i did not get gnex now. Bug city.

LOL I have the Bionic and love it. I'm about to get the Gnex and I'll see how it compares in real life. Not all these so called reviews I keep reading that don't match up. I expect it will have some things I'll hate but for me I love technology and I'm a gadget guy so I will deal with most things. My fear is the batter life though; I do a lot on my phone and need it charged. I have chargers everywhere for me phone lol because of these issues but it is a PITA.

BOA

Reaction score
The Bionic was a piece of junk because they delayed it for 9 months and it still ended up having a terrible screen and lots of issues. It's definitely been improved though with continuous software updates.

The Nexus isn't a piece of junk, it's hardware is great, it has minor software issues like any device would when it's the first device ever using a brand new operating system.

Many people have no signal/data issues at all, some people do have signal/data issues. The difference is Google directly updates this device and is working 100% on improving Ice Cream Sandwich. This means any software issues that need to be addressed will be done so in a timely manner, which can't be said for other phones/manufacturers.
This kind of posting bugs me a little. I own the Bionic and it has given me only a few problems which is mostly a software issue. The data drops is a network issue. The phone is fast, reliable and keep in mind reception issue is based on where you live. I don't have those issues. Yes it has bugs, ALL phones HAVE bugs! Come on people, no technology is perfect. Bionic TO ME is a great phone and have no regrets. Before that I had the DroidX and LOVED that too and now I'm about to get the GNex and I'm sure I'll like that and I'll deal with it shortcomings. Most of what people complain about are personal preference issues. It's good to vent though and like that I can come here and read about some of the issues people are having to see if it relates to my experience.

I was disappointed when I bought my first Android tablet. I then bought a second one and was and still am disappointed onthe quality of the software and the lack of updates they've made. I use my iPad most of the time so guess what's about to be sold??? I look for products that suits my everyday lifestyle. I'm on my phone a lot, battery life is important but I can deal with it. What I don't want is a lot of software issues to the point I can't use the phone without something crashing and lag. If the GNex gives me that I'm happy. I will just wait for updates or just install a ROM to fix it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
LOL I have the Bionic and love it. I'm about to get the Gnex and I'll see how it compares in real life. Not all these so called reviews I keep reading that don't match up. I expect it will have some things I'll hate but for me I love technology and I'm a gadget guy so I will deal with most things. My fear is the batter life though; I do a lot on my phone and need it charged. I have chargers everywhere for me phone lol because of these issues but it is a PITA.

To me the Nexus was a pretty large jump from the Bionic. I did love the B when I first got it and probably still would if the GN never came out! When I hold them side by side and flip around on the B it is night and day. The Nexus feels like much smoother, newer tech.

BOA

Reaction score
To me the Nexus was a pretty large jump from the Bionic. I did love the B when I first got it and probably still would if the GN never came out! When I hold them side by side and flip around on the B it is night and day. The Nexus feels like much smoother, newer tech.
Good to know; once I get mine I'll see how much of a difference it is. I played with the phone at the Verizon stores and the Bionic blew it away as there were lots of lags. However I realized it's a demo phone so I didn't put too much into that.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Good to know; once I get mine I'll see how much of a difference it is. I played with the phone at the Verizon stores and the Bionic blew it away as there were lots of lags. However I realized it's a demo phone so I didn't put too much into that.

One thing to note, I had all animations turned off on the Bionic so when I first started using the Nexus it didn't feel quite as quick. On the Bionic animations were under "display" but on the Nexus they were under Developer Options. I got a little bit of lag with the animations on but once turned off, I never do at all.

BOA

Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind and do some testing. I do have animations turned on the Bionic.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
One thing to note, I had all animations turned off on the Bionic so when I first started using the Nexus it didn't feel quite as quick. On the Bionic animations were under "display" but on the Nexus they were under Developer Options. I got a little bit of lag with the animations on but once turned off, I never do at all.

It is the same exact hardware.. just ics is gpu accelerated. It SHOULD be smoother ...but my db is butter with animations set to fast with the tools app.. forget the exact name.. someone chime in? Something tools.

BOA

Reaction score
I got my Gnex last night and after several attempts to activate was finally successful late last night so I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet. I'll report back on my findings. So far I like it but still not sure if it's faster than the Bionic.