anyone else tired of cellphone hypocondria?

GenieAngel

Reaction score
What are forums for if you can't vent?

These things become an extention of ourselves... we have EVERYTHING on them... :hail: our life depends on them, and we pay through the nose, so if we have a little hypochondria, I think I understand!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree - if the phone worked perfectly except for 5 minutes of the day we'd have 30 threads about it.

Then again I'm here posting all the time so I guess this is the place.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
What are forums for if you can't vent?

These things become an extention of ourselves... we have EVERYTHING on them... :hail: our life depends on them, and we pay through the nose, so if we have a little hypochondria, I think I understand!

i hear ya. i paid $300 for this phone too :)

i'm more referring to the posts about people constantly walking around their house with the GN along side their previous phone comparing signal strengths despite the numerous variables involved, or worried because the power button doesn't "click" like they want, etc... lol :D

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
this thread needs a bump....it's a new phone (with a new OS)! it has bugs, mine included lol :icon_eek:

ex0rcist

Reaction score
this thread needs a bump....it's a new phone (with a new OS)! it has bugs, mine included lol :icon_eek:

I love how the galaxy nexus is okay because it's a new phone with a new os and it's unlocked bootloader in it and its so great and blah blah blah the bionic had a few 4g problems everyone else ended up having with thier 4g phones too (and even more problems with the gneX)...but everyone called the bionic a piece of junk cuz it was out first... i remember when every said gnex this and that and the thing came out with more problems than rzr rezound and bionic combined... lol Unreal the favoritism here.. and come to find out 80% of the data drops where network related not bionic... So glad i did not get gnex now. Bug city.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
I love how the galaxy nexus is okay because it's a new phone with a new os and it's unlocked bootloader in it and its so great and blah blah blah the bionic had a few 4g problems everyone else ended up having with thier 4g phones too (and even more problems with the gneX)...but everyone called the bionic a piece of junk cuz it was out first... i remember when every said gnex this and that and the thing came out with more problems than rzr rezound and bionic combined... lol Unreal the favoritism here.. and come to find out 80% of the data drops where network related not bionic... So glad i did not get gnex now. Bug city.

Bah I gotta big can of bug spray :D

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score

my experience with my bionic and GN has been the opposite of everything you posted. glad i dumped the bugonic for the GN :D

you sound like you're trying to justify not waiting for the GN to yourself. :icon_eek:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

The Bionic was a piece of junk because they delayed it for 9 months and it still ended up having a terrible screen and lots of issues. It's definitely been improved though with continuous software updates.

The Nexus isn't a piece of junk, it's hardware is great, it has minor software issues like any device would when it's the first device ever using a brand new operating system.

Many people have no signal/data issues at all, some people do have signal/data issues. The difference is Google directly updates this device and is working 100% on improving Ice Cream Sandwich. This means any software issues that need to be addressed will be done so in a timely manner, which can't be said for other phones/manufacturers.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I have no problems whatsoever with my Gnex. Signal strength is perfect and the hardware/software is excellent. The super amoled HD is amazing too. Looking at my iPod touchs screen is horrible lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
my experience with my bionic and GN has been the opposite of everything you posted. glad i dumped the bugonic for the GN :D

you sound like you're trying to justify not waiting for the GN to yourself. :icon_eek:

Uhm no. Maybe they've just had a more solid network.. they've had months to update it. Duh. And my bionic has been so solid since day 1. So no i dont need justification for anything. I had the gnex for one day. I live in the styx.. and it just had terrrible service... i mean bad. Volumn problems.. portrait to landscape is transitions are so slow. Camera sucks. No sd card. Multitouch is screwed. So many apps dont work. Brought it right back. Rn its just a bugfest. I may try it again. But not soon.