Another software upgrade today.

tielerjon

Reaction score
Something else, when I restart my phone now when it says "Samsung" there is an unlocked lock under it and it says "custom". What's the deal with that? Any ideas

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

htplbc

Reaction score
My battery life is worse for sure. At 2 hours 45 minutes off the charger I'm down to 80% and I've only taken one phone call for about 20 minutes. Before the update I could be on the phone constantly and have 80% at around 6 hours usage. Can I uninstall this last update?

Same here. 2 hours 20 minutes off charger. Down to 61%. Just bought this phone last month. It was fine before the update. Any recommendations?

silverfang77

Reaction score
Something else, when I restart my phone now when it says "Samsung" there is an unlocked lock under it and it says "custom". What's the deal with that? Any ideas

Are you rooted?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I got this update yesterday from Verizon. Directly after the update my phone goes to poop. It has since been shutting off constantly, force closing everything, and to top it all off after the update my SD card was completely wiped clean. I'm so mad. A few hundred pics/videos, and about 300 songs

Have you done a 1 minute battery pull? Should always do that immediately after an update. Wouldn't have helped with the wiped card though.

tielerjon

Reaction score
I did the battery pull, the phone is working fine now as long as the sd card isn't in. When I put the sd card in it immediately turns into a window licker. Not wanting to do anything, basically freezing up until I pull the battery

GVLBob

Reaction score
I did the battery pull, the phone is working fine now as long as the sd card isn't in. When I put the sd card in it immediately turns into a window licker. Not wanting to do anything, basically freezing up until I pull the battery

Have you looked at the SD card using your computer? I find it hard to believe that the OS update would wipe the card clean, so there might be something else going on. If the card is unreadable in the computer, you might want to reformat it (in either the computer or the phone) to see if that solves your continuing problems.

I hope you had a backup of the information on the card so it's not too hard to restore the files to the SD card.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Have you looked at the SD card using your computer? I find it hard to believe that the OS update would wipe the card clean, so there might be something else going on. If the card is unreadable in the computer, you might want to reformat it (in either the computer or the phone) to see if that solves your continuing problems.

I hope you had a backup of the information on the card so it's not too hard to restore the files to the SD card.

I agree, the card is suspect. If it doesn't work on the computer, then try a new or known good card.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Micro SD cards are unreliable at best.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Other phones too. I had a card corrupt itself after just being moved between a phone and computer.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Been experiencing less than stellar battery life since the last update, today being the worst. After unplugging my phone from the wall at 9:45 this morning (fully charged), I was already at 94% when I next checked it at 11:00am. I hadn't touched the phone. At absolute worse, it's usually sitting at 98% after idling for that long. Usually it's around 99%. Nothing out of the ordinary running, haven't tinkered with anything. "Android System" was responsible for 67% of battery usage when I checked it.

Malkavian

Reaction score
In not sure I would consider that bad performance for the battery. Mine came off the charger at 7am and I have 77% at 2pm. Still have 12 hours based on du battery. Only been checking gmail, email, rss feeds a little browsing and twitter. That is my mileage.

silverfang77

Reaction score
I'm at 68% after 14:43 on the battery.