Another software upgrade today.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Pushed from ATT last night. Went to Starbucks wifi and downloaded it today. It's about 28mb and didn't take long to download. I didn't notice anything different afterward. Anyone know what it's all about?

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Saw this online....

A Samsung Galaxy S4 software update is expected to arrive on most major U.S. carriers in the near future.

MK2, an update that resolves sleep mode issues along with some other problems was recently rolled out by Sprint and is expected to hit AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon sometime soon. It also will fix the battery life issues users have been having with the device since updating to Android 4.3.

MK2 officially began rolling out on Nov. 30 and Sprint users should have already received a download notification for it. If not, they can perform a manual check in the Settings menu to access it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Saw this online....

A Samsung Galaxy S4 software update is expected to arrive on most major U.S. carriers in the near future.

MK2, an update that resolves sleep mode issues along with some other problems was recently rolled out by Sprint and is expected to hit AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon sometime soon. It also will fix the battery life issues users have been having with the device since updating to Android 4.3.

MK2 officially began rolling out on Nov. 30 and Sprint users should have already received a download notification for it. If not, they can perform a manual check in the Settings menu to access it.

Unfortunately it was too late for me. I was having MAJOR battery problems and made the jump to the Motorola Droid MAXX. I haven't looked back since. I still have the S4, but will be selling it.

GVLBob

Reaction score
Pushed from ATT last night. Went to Starbucks wifi and downloaded it today. It's about 28mb and didn't take long to download. I didn't notice anything different afterward. Anyone know what it's all about?

What is the new baseband version?

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
1337UCUEMK2

I have the stock battery and never have had battery problems.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got some sort of Samsung update today. Don't know what it did, though.

loco

Reaction score
I wonder if this update fixes the dreaded wifi issues that a lot of people have been experiencing ?

mgrizzy80

Reaction score
So has anyone on Verizon gotten the update yet? Been noticing significant battery drain and wifi connection issues since last update....

Malkavian

Reaction score
I got the Verizon update about noon today, Wednesday, 12/11/2013. Not sure what it did but did update me from MJ7 to MK2, baseband I545VRUEMK2. I'm not rooted either.

silverfang77

Reaction score
So, it's not KitKat? Bummer. :( However, if it helps with battery life, I'll definitely take it.