Crazy good batt life today?

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by Thunder_sl, Apr 11, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Thunder_sl

Thunder_sl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running 2.0.1 liberty. Installed about a week ago. For some reason, I am getting what I think is incredible batt life today. Didn't really notice it before today. I am pushing 22 hours and am at 50%. I am a pretty average user...and used it today as I would any average day. I didn't play any games or anything, but surfed the web a little, played on facebook and twitter. Looked up some songs and whatnot. I don't recall every having this kind of batt life? Anyone else notice this, or maybe a fluke? Even just sitting mostly idol I don't recall it lasting this long? Stock batt, just wondering if anyone else is seeing this kind of improvement or I am just having a good day... :)
  2. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    With "average" usage I can get 30-40+ hrs of battery life. I get about 14 with above average usage though. Think its about normal though.

Sent from my Liberated D2G
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    It could be that after over a week you simply aren't using it as much. Most everybody sees an improved battery life a week or so after either getting a new phone or changing a ROM.
  4. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ding ding! Nailed it.
  5. Thunder_sl

Thunder_sl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good points...but maybe I should clarify a little more.. I know "average" is kinda of a generic term, and depends on the person using it. What's average for me, is most likely not average for someone else. By What I consider MY average usage, I noticed a increase. And I agree with HookBill's point, however I am comparing to the previous version, Liberty 1.5, not just the savings after the install. Reinstalling apps, and getting everything set up the way you want it definitely takes it's toll, along with playing with all the new settings and such.. :)

Now that I've kinda settled in..it just seems to be a bit better then the previous version. Only time will tell I guess..But I know some of the people out there have been using it since the "testing" (donate) phase, and was wondering if they noticed a long(er) term improvement over the 1.5.

Edit: correcting some of the auto-correct corrections.. :)
  6. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I've had it since it was first released for testing. I haven't really noticed a difference at all though.

Sent from my Liberated D2G
  7. Thunder_sl

Thunder_sl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I was one of the unlucky ones that suffered with the random freezes and reboots. Perhaps that's why it seems to be doing better to me?
  8. Craig_s

Craig_s Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could be. Booting up takes some power. My battery life is a little bit better than what it was on 1.5, but I think the only reason it isn't so much better is because they both had imoseyon's mod/tweak on it.
    Right now I'm about 80% with about 7 hours on it, granted, I've only used for 25 minutes today, and in that time I was changing my overclock settings around and downloading stuff, but this is pretty usual for me.
    Most of the time when I go to plug it in I'll be around 14-16 hours, and about 50-60%
  9. bluskyline21

bluskyline21 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wow...I must be doing something wrong. I get crap battery life.

I left my phone on last night when I went to bed, it was @80%. Got up 7 hrs later, 30%...wtf. My cat must've been surfin' the net or something.
  10. mkw87

mkw87 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1.5 had horrible batt life for me compared to 1.0. The gb leak was great, I was getting over 18 hrs with medium usage. I've only been on 2.0 for a few days, but so far I'm getting 12-14 with medium usage, hope it improves with time.
  11. Craig_s

Craig_s Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you go to sleep, put it on airplane mode.

I usually charge it at night. Another thing that will improve battery is clearing your batt stats.

Post note: I am using an extended battery.
  12. joneee

joneee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I typically go through 10% of battery every 2 hours with approximately 10 minutes or use. This seems pretty bad to me. I don't overclock my phone or have gps/wifi on. I tried using Droid Overclock once going between 300-1.2ghz but that brought it down to 10% every hour even if I didn't use it.

Oh, and btw, I have the extended battery from Motorola. It's even worse with the regular battery.
  13. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That is crazy loss right there. I have mine on similar setup....1.25 to 300.
  14. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I wouldn't say this was "heavy" use but I was definitely trying to kill it....but I was also at work for 12 of those hours so I was a bit limited.

[​IMG]

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  15. idol

idol Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is insane. I probably get about 14 hours out of the extended battery on GB. I would say I am an average user too. I wish I could get that battery life.