Another Droid to Droid 2- Assurion claim

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First of all before anyone complains I DID NOT ASK FOR A UPGRADE!
My droid 1 got wet during a storm, and the power/screen button quit working. I did all the proper claims and paid my deductible. They sent a crappy referb Droid. So crappy that the plastic piece that says google wasnt even on the back of the phone. I call up and the sales lady was really nice and said they had no "new" droids and that she could sub a droid 2 for......so thinking a while I said ok.

Now my questions:
I read that the droid 2 is brickable,....whats the best/safest way to root?
Whats the difference in the gobal.....processor?
And please feel free to comment on why the droid 2 is better.....I liked everything on the droid 1 and didnt have any complaints...rooted/custom theme-by me/over clocked 1.1

I know roms are a personal pref, but what seems to be the most stable(besides OEM), fastest/ per battery life

Thanks

Last edited:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The main things better about the Droid 2 is more ram and faster processor. A lot of people like the new kb better but I am not one of those. The best way to root is Z4 root. It's just one click. As far as roms, I'm running the GB leak and it's great. The downside to the OG Droid is that the bootloader is locked but I appreciate the extra power I have. The lack of ram killed me on the OG Droid when running Cm7.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
mopar57

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The main things better about the Droid 2 is more ram and faster processor. A lot of people like the new kb better but I am not one of those.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Hate to sound stupid....but here it goes.......whats kb?

droidmatic

Reaction score
Keyboard, and its ok I have to ask about abbreviations all the time lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

hellmonkey

Reaction score
I just a droid 2 2 months ago and I enjoyed it. Now I rooted it, ROMd it, and themed it and its an amazing phone. Its super quick and I love how it looks. Rooting is cake with z4 root. doing the firmware/sbf update is a bit more trickey, but there are great walkthroughs here on how to do it.

cricketson007

Reaction score
The one major difference between the D2G and the D2G is the radios. I read it somewhere in the forums in more detail... I do remember that it is a hybrid radio combining 2 radios into one. That is why it is harder to develop for because only a few phones have that radio set up. Sorry I can't elaborate in more detail. Do send search you should find more about it in the forums.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Replaced my droid 1 under warranty with a droid 2. Just ask, if you get an answer you don't like threaten to cancel.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I got a D2G for my droid1 replacement. Seems snappier than OG but less roms for it

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums