Droid 2 System 2.3.20 Update....

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The full update is the best is my opinion. I used the full on mine and keep it on a laptop at the house for just in case.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

PanicProne

Reaction score
just wondering

im sure you checked for this but is your phone set in pc mode and debugging is turned on bc i just recently had to flash my phone for the same reason as you to the newest update and i had no problems at all...

lizard

Reaction score
I sbf'd/unrooted to 2.2.20. Then updated to 2.3.20. Finally reroot. Did not wipe or clear ANYTHING. Factory data reset. All apps and contacts remained in tact. I was soon prompted to download updates for apps I installed after my first root(file explorer, terminal emulator, etc.). I wasn't expecting this. Everything works flawlessly after 1whole week of use.

pksmart

Reaction score
You guys

This Driod 2.3.20 update does change somethings that needs to be addressed. Major services are the battery and GPS. I am not even rooted yet, but am having to redo things like shortcuts to things like the battery manager "activity" service. Are you thinking that this update will not effect a rooted Droid?

zero7404

Reaction score
i got my fone last week ... it says android ver 2.2, when i check for updates there are none. did i miss something here?

jcsugrue

Reaction score
i got my fone last week ... it says android ver 2.2, when i check for updates there are none. did i miss something here?

That's the Android version, above that should be a System version. That's the number that you want to look at.

MrKleen

Reaction score

It should be 2.2.1

Did you root and load a rom which would prevent any ota update?

If so, just restore the backup you made before loading the rom. Then check for the update again.

zero7404

Reaction score
i rooted using z4 ... but no custom rom, just stock.

checking for updates works, but no updates found. is my root blocking updates?

sent via wireless device

MrKleen

Reaction score
i rooted using z4 ... but no custom rom, just stock.

checking for updates works, but no updates found. is my root blocking updates?

sent via wireless device

Im sorry, I've switched phones since I was last in this thread.

If you just got your phone last week you should be up to date. It was the droid x just got a new update last week.

And to answer your question being rooted would not block an update. I was rooted last week and got the update on my X just fine. Of course I lost root in the process and had to re-root.

Sorry for the confusion.

zero7404

Reaction score
so i gather that 2.2.1 has yet to be released for the D2/D2G ... ?

sent via wireless device

Se7enS7ars

Reaction score
Im just wondering on your droid 2 global.... how do you get the sim card unlocked, to beable to use any other sim card and have the phone work? THANKS for your help!:motdroidhoriz:

zero7404

Reaction score
Im just wondering on your droid 2 global.... how do you get the sim card unlocked, to beable to use any other sim card and have the phone work? THANKS for your help!:motdroidhoriz:

u must call verizon global support, they will provide u with 2 unlock codes. need to have the foreign sim card in the phone to be able to unlock.

posted via android