1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Does anyone UNDERclock their Droid 2 CPU?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by xmguy, Nov 23, 2010.

1. xmguy

xmguy New Member

I've got my Droid 2 (CDMA) under-clocked. My Droid 1 worked ok overclocked to 800 Mhz and did what I needed ok with good battery life and good performance for what I use my phone for. (Streaming music)

I wanted longer battery life and didn't feel the need for 1.0 Ghz when 800 Mhz or less was ok.

I wondered if any other members here also under clocked their Droid 2's CPU also? If so what were your results?
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Consensus seems to be slightly to moderately sluggish Blur performance but better battery life worth the tradeoff.
  3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

I have mine set to ulv 1.0 ghz most of the time but I use setcpu to scale it back as I lose batt

Charging/full 1000 max 800 min performance
    Under 71% 800 max 300 min ondemand
    Under 51% 600 max 300 min ondemand
    Screen off 300 max 300 min ondemand

I used those settings with almost no lag even before I switched to a blurless rom and it adds a lot of time to my battery life. Also I use these sam basic settings when I overclock but with the ratios of that clock speed, if that makes sense.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App