Another Blurry picture Appears of The Droid Bionic

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Ive a "tramp-stamp" that says "N3rd life" but in ASCII code that I made myself. Yeah I said that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funniest single post!

My girl was reading on my X with me and said, "What the heck do you read all the time?"
Only you,Blacksantron-only you!!!:icon_ banana:

Even after explaining it she gave me that look like "who have I been dating for 4 years?" Then shes like,"hook your phone up to the ps3... I wanna netflix..."

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I catch it 2,she has 2 make me put mine down,but when I get that bionic in my hand-its over!

warped1987

Reaction score
I don't see the point in having these phones have kickstands anyways, only because of this: You're effing crazy if you don't have a case on your phone with the amount of money we pay for these things, and they do make cases for phones that come with kickstands on them.

I've never been a fan of kickstand phones anyways as far as the sound quality, I like holding my phone in hand, with my hand cupping the back of my speaker (I have a D2G) and when you block the sound from escaping your phone is much louder, not meaning actually covering the speaker, but just having your hand curved back there.

therock

Reaction score
I don't see the point in having these phones have kickstands anyways, only because of this: You're effing crazy if you don't have a case on your phone with the amount of money we pay for these things, and they do make cases for phones that come with kickstands on them. I've never been a fan of kickstand phones anyways as far as the sound quality, I like holding my phone in hand, with my hand cupping the back of my speaker (I have a D2G) and when you block the sound from escaping your phone is much louder, not meaning actually covering the speaker, but just having your hand curved back there.

I'll be the devils advocate here. I realize its a to each his own world here in the great USA.
I love the kick stand. I am forever trying to prop my D1 up on my desk just to name one place. To have it an not need it is better than to not have it an need it. So a kicker should bother you too much.

As for having a case, again I am on the other side of the fence you again. I have a D1 since 1/1/10 and loath cases but like the Steinheil screen protectors because it will go into my front pocket with loose change. She has a nick or two but is a tool, not a showroom display model. I have seen iPhones as big as a large wallet. I am also pretty good at taking care of my devices. I am an investigator not a landscaper so it is pampered naturally. I keep insurance on the device and my old one's battery maintained in the event I need to activate it while waiting on a replacment. None of which has happened yet (knock on wood).

I just wish it wold get here.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I don't see the point in having these phones have kickstands anyways, only because of this: You're effing crazy if you don't have a case on your phone with the amount of money we pay for these things, and they do make cases for phones that come with kickstands on them. I've never been a fan of kickstand phones anyways as far as the sound quality, I like holding my phone in hand, with my hand cupping the back of my speaker (I have a D2G) and when you block the sound from escaping your phone is much louder, not meaning actually covering the speaker, but just having your hand curved back there.

I'll be the devils advocate here. I realize its a to each his own world here in the great USA.
I love the kick stand. I am forever trying to prop my D1 up on my desk just to name one place. To have it an not need it is better than to not have it an need it. So a kicker should bother you too much.

As for having a case, again I am on the other side of the fence you again. I have a D1 since 1/1/10 and loath cases but like the Steinheil screen protectors because it will go into my front pocket with loose change. She has a nick or two but is a tool, not a showroom display model. I have seen iPhones as big as a large wallet. I am also pretty good at taking care of my devices. I am an investigator not a landscaper so it is pampered naturally. I keep insurance on the device and my old one's battery maintained in the event I need to activate it while waiting on a replacment. None of which has happened yet (knock on wood).

I just wish it wold get here.

I agree with you on both points. I don't know if I'd ever need a kickstand, but in the off chance that I might, it would be cool to have it.

I've had my D1 since Nov of 09 and I bought a case at first but quickly got rid of it. The D1 is a tank and it looks beautiful "naked." Because of the Gorilla Glass, i don't even put a screen protector on it. That was the first thing I removed.

And I also wish the Bionic would just get here. Kickstand or not, that revised device is what I've been waiting for.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Meh, I don't use a case. I bought one and eventually got rid of it. The D1 is built like a tank. I may need one for my next phone, but not for this one. Build quality is top notch.

Brandon

Oxymoron

Reaction score
No case on my D1 either. Is indeed a tank. Mine has slipped out of my shirt pocket onto concrete/asphalt numerous times (no, I haven't learned yet), and while it has a few dings and scratches, it has NEVER failed me. Build quality. The case is metal. The battery cover is metal.... WITH hinges. No snap on plastic crap. Gorilla glass. Rubberized backing. DANG! D1 is awesome!

I'll be a little mournful when I finally upgrade to the Bionic. D1 will never get fully retired though ;-)
I'll rock this bad boy on wifi. And Nesoid 'till my hearts content.

LONG LIVE THE D1!!!!!!!

Okay.... I'm done.

*customized tapatalk signature*

warped1987

Reaction score
I am not pro-case because I'm afraid the phone is going to get damaged internally, i buy them for the cosmetics. I like to keep my phone as scratch free as possible for when i go to sell it back. More scratches/damage = less money for your phone.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Even though it is the Bionic will have Gorilla Glass I will have a screen protector and will probably get a body glove case. Just like what I did with my DX in which my wife has now.

Vakharn

Reaction score
I'm pro case because I don't want to damage the phone I'm spending a stupid amount of money on, and because I don't want to spend oodles more money on the extended warranties. I'm not pro screen protector however because in my experiance gorilla glass in a case with a belt holster used as a screen protector when it's in my pocket is more than adequate and the screen protectors are harder to keep clean and don't look as nice as the bare glass. After about 18 months now my original droid still has no visible scratches on the screen.

Edit: On an unrelated note I went down to the verizon store to try out the droid x2 and I was both happy and annoyed. Happy, because it's stupidly fast compared to my original droid, and can stream 480p youtube videos via flash through the browser smoothly. Annoyed because compared to my original droid's screen the pentile qhd screen looks like utter garbage. It'd be ok if the difference was minor, but the pixels jump out at you and the colors are severely distorted. I have to practically press my droid's screen against my face to see the pixels yet this higher res screen that's only .6" bigger they couldn't be more obvious. Unless that screen doubles the battery life under heavy use it's not worth it.

Last edited:

mike02vr6

Reaction score
Hey Preach anything new from Panda? (BMX) Its been kinda quiet since the pics leaked was hoping someone might have any news......even though if someone had any they would have it posted everywhere

Droid noob

Reaction score
If the pic would've been taken with an incredible 2, there would be no question as to it's features lol

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

warped1987

Reaction score
Gorilla Glass or not, drop that sucker face first on the road and watch it slide and you will wish, in slow motion, the entire time it slides that you had a screen protector on, lol true story

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Hey Preach anything new from Panda? (BMX) Its been kinda quiet since the pics leaked was hoping someone might have any news......even though if someone had any they would have it posted everywhere

Black_Man_X: as far as just wow factor yea.. the bionic is nice but it still runs that blurry stuff and thats a fail..

He does not like Moto Blur at all..Other then that he likes the phone.

Last edited: