Android wear update

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I accidently had the sleep tracker on a couple of weeks ago. according to it, I was sleeping while outside, relaxing on the patio. IMO, it is worthless.

I would guess it depends on the software. The combination of heart rate and motion should be almost 100% accurate in detecting sleep.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Like I said, Google decides how you should use your watch and doesn't give you options to change settings.

I'm getting a battery warning at 30% now (why?!?), and cannot disable auto power saving features at 15%. But the latest annoying thing, which appears to be new, is it asks me to re-enter my pin AT LEAST once every 24 hours, and it didn't used to so long as it remained on your wrist.

And then it insists on placing an annoying notification on my watch screen (which also doesn't appear to be able to turn off) informing me of one of the above issues. I don't want your stupid little notification icons on the beautiful watchface I spent so much time creating.

Grrrrr.....this kind of stuff is why we had to root our phones way back when.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't wear my watch that often these days because of my new line of work, but I don't think I've noticed any battery saving setting. I also like to charge it beyond 30% or so.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Like I said, Google decides how you should use your watch and doesn't give you options to change settings.

I'm getting a battery warning at 30% now (why?!?), and cannot disable auto power saving features at 15%. But the latest annoying thing, which appears to be new, is it asks me to re-enter my pin AT LEAST once every 24 hours, and it didn't used to so long as it remained on your wrist.

And then it insists on placing an annoying notification on my watch screen (which also doesn't appear to be able to turn off) informing me of one of the above issues. I don't want your stupid little notification icons on the beautiful watchface I spent so much time creating.

Grrrrr.....this kind of stuff is why we had to root our phones way back when.
What watch are you using currently? Did it receive a new Wear OS update?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What watch are you using currently? Did it receive a new Wear OS update?

Huawei Watch 2 Classic. It seems to autoupdate itself frequently. These are all changes I've noticed in the past month or so. I guess the first battery warning used to be 40% instead of 30%, so I suppose that's an improvement.

I've also found some additional settings buried deep in the individual aps menu (but I'm not sure if these do anything yet). I think this is new. There were some basic settings and permissions before, but now it seems more involved.

Off topic, but the same thing happened with my phone. When my battery gets down to 15%, a notification comes on and you can't prevent it or dismiss it, along with an icon in the status bar that you can't make go away. I'm rooted and don't get system updates, so something they pushed thru a playstore app update.

Google usually gets around to figuring out that, hey, this isn't what everyone wants....but of course that can take them a LONG time.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I read about new AW features in my news feed this morning. So now that Google has announced that they are updating Android Wear / Wear OS again with new Assistant features, including speaking search results if the watch has a microphone, it got me thinking. Out of all the way AW watch owners here who uses their watch for Google Now / Assistant voice command searches? And who has a watch with a mic that could speak the results? And if so, would you use it to speak back your search results from your watch? Curious to hear how other AW watch owners use Google Now / Assistant on their watch.

Badelhas

Reaction score
I've been wearing the original Huawei Watch almost since it was launched. I was happy with it until I bought a Pixel 2 since there's a bug with the Pixel phones that don't allow me to pick up the calls directly on the watch or else I have a 12 seconds delay when I pick up a call on the phone since we can't hear each other. Google knows this since December has has not solved the issue yet, which is unacceptable, even after 4 monthly security patches. Here's the bug report on Google Sign in - Google Accounts if you are also experiencing this please chime in.
This happens with ALL the Wear Smartwatches and there's a lot of angry people.
Does anyone here also has a Pixel 2 smartphone and is having the same issue?
I'm very disappointed, I can't use my Dick Tracy watch, this is a core feature and Google refuses to fix it :(
Cheers

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That doesn't sound so good. I'm surprised Google hasn't addressed that yet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Now that Google has announced that they are updating Android Wear / Wear OS again with new Assistant features, including speaking search results if the watch has a microphone, it got me thinking. Out of all the AW watch owners here, who uses their watch for Google Now / Assistant voice command searches? And who has a watch with a speaker that could speak the results? If so, would you use it to speak back your search results from your watch? Curious to hear how other AW watch owners use Google Now / Assistant on their watch.

My Moto 360 Gen2 doesn't have a speaker, so I definitely will not be able to use the new Assistant speak functionality. But for me personally, I hardly ever use Assistant / Google Now on my watch. On my phone....yes, all the time. On my watch....hardly ever.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Now that Google has announced that they are updating Android Wear / Wear OS again with new Assistant features, including speaking search results if the watch has a microphone, it got me thinking. Out of all the AW watch owners here, who uses their watch for Google Now / Assistant voice command searches? And who has a watch with a speaker that could speak the results? If so, would you use it to speak back your search results from your watch? Curious to hear how other AW watch owners use Google Now / Assistant on their watch.

My Moto 360 Gen2 doesn't have a speaker, so I definitely will not be able to use the new Assistant speak functionality. But for me personally, I hardly ever use Assistant / Google Now on my watch. On my phone....yes, all the time. On my watch....hardly ever.

I use assistant to start music playing on my watch when I'm driving or that sort of thing, but that's about it. I guess I have asked it the occasional question to search, but anything that gives too much info requires the phone to come out anyway.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Anyone notice anything new or different in the Wear OS app update yesterday, other than the new Permission when you first open it after the update?