Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm betting my original Huawei Watch won't either. And I prefer the wifi connecting automatically. Also, dosent those features disconnect automatically already when the watch in on a table?!
My Urbane & the wife's new Fossil both go into battery saving mode & turn off the radios even while they're being worn. She forgot her phone at home on Easter & her watch was on wifi at her mom's for a bit, but then it went into power save.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
According to some recent news articles it sounds like Google has released a new developer preview of Wear OS (formerly Android Wear) and is looking to help maintain better battery life in future Wear OS versions. According to The Verge, some of those ways may include:

Most apps will no longer be allowed to run in the background unless the watch is on the charger (watch faces and complications currently chosen by the user can continue to run).
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular radios will automatically turn off when Wear OS detects that your device has been off your body for an extended amount of time.
The device will no longer automatically connect to Wi-Fi when disconnected from Bluetooth.

This is all still developer preview now, so no way of knowing when a new update will roll out to everyone with these new features; or even if these will make it into a final OS version. Now the question is, which watches will continue to receive new Wear OS version updates?

sound like this update will actually do some good for some :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
sound like this update will actually do some good for some :)

Yep, for the 3 people that bought the Google branded LG Style watch. . Just kidding of course. It sounds like they are aware that battery life is not as great as it could be and are at least trying to make it better.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Badelhas

Reaction score
My Urbane & the wife's new Fossil both go into battery saving mode & turn off the radios even while they're being worn. She forgot her phone at home on Easter & her watch was on wifi at her mom's for a bit, but then it went into power save.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Exactly. So this update won't be missed ;)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope they give us some control over these new automations.

For some reason, my watch refuses to remember my choice NOT to automatically enable battery saving mode. And getting that warning at 40% battery life (which can sometimes be almost a day) is a completely unecessary annoyance.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
40 percent? that is unusual, should only be around 15 percent or less. if you are going into the settings and changing it, then it should stay. Next time you change the settings, try turning the power off then back on afterward.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
40 percent? that is unusual, should only be around 15 percent or less. if you are going into the settings and changing it, then it should stay. Next time you change the settings, try turning the power off then back on afterward.

It might be a Huawei thing....Get the warning at 40%, and then at 15% battery saver is automatically enabled (and you have to manually override it, every time).

I just tried your power off trick. I have no idea why that would work, but worth a shot.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
s
It might be a Huawei thing....Get the warning at 40%, and then at 15% battery saver is automatically enabled (and you have to manually override it, every time).

I just tried your power off trick. I have no idea why that would work, but worth a shot.

sometimes you have to do a restart for settings to take effect. not sure if it will work in this case but it was something to try.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Honestly Since I made the Switch to the Gear S3 and did the FDR ive been getting 2 days with LTE and WiFi Auto on and could not be happier. I do miss some of the Android Wear OS Apps and Features as the Tizen is still Limited. Once the Battery Life can get to where the S3 is i may get another Wear OS Watch.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I currently have gear s2 classic and it gets great battery life - over two days. my next watch will be lte but I will be sticking with samsung because I like the rotating dial. there is only one app I wished it had and that is for google authenticity. there is one but it is from a third party and really do not trust them. want one from google. other than that I really do not have any needs for apps so really don't have a need for a wearos watch

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't really looked all that closely, but after recent updates my Huawei Watch 2 Classic seems to get over 2 days....and that's with location, wifi/bluetooth and always-on face enabled, along with reading my heart rate every 10 minutes. I don't really do anything else on my watch other than check the time, and track a workout while listening to music over bluetooth.

Now if I go for a run an put a heavy load on the gps and heart rate monitor, then it's a different story. 1 hour of that equates to like 8 hours of normal usage.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I got the heart monitor turned off. all it does is count my steps. other than that, it is just email and notifications for me.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I got the heart monitor turned off. all it does is count my steps. other than that, it is just email and notifications for me.

I'm also interested to see support for a sleep tracker. I believe Cardiogram for IOS does this, but doesn't appear to have that yet for Android.

I think the smartwatch will eventually [many years from now] be a huge component of health/medical tracking via implants. Just imagine what that can do for early warning of heart attacks, stroke and cancer.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I accidently had the sleep tracker on a couple of weeks ago. according to it, I was sleeping while outside, relaxing on the patio. IMO, it is worthless.