Android wear update

Badelhas

Reaction score
I love my Huawei Watch 2 Classic....although, I could do with a little less bezel (which is supposed to look like a classic bezel, but looks cheap and plastic - really the only miss on the watch) and more screen.

Since I discovered Watchmaker and have replicated several all-time classic watch faces
I think they really messed up with the second version of the Huawei Watch Classic, particularly when compared to the original Huawei Watch. In my opinion it dosent look classic at all, it's too big and sporty. I wouldn't use with a suit, for instance.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think they really messed up with the second version of the Huawei Watch Classic, particularly when compared to the original Huawei Watch. In my opinion it dosent look classic at all, it's too big and sporty. I wouldn't use with a suit, for instance.

The original might be the single best looking Android watch. But I wanted GPS.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to get rid of that annoying icon/pop-up that says you're disconnected from the network? It's a cloud with a line threw it pretty much right where the "12" is, and it is always on my always-on watchface. I've tried turning off notifications for every possible culprit. I can't get rid of it.

Obviously it goes away when connected to my phone or home wifi, but I don't want it showing period.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Morning Kodiak. I don't think there is an option to turn that Off in Wear OS. That disconnected icon seems to be ingrained into Wear OS with no turn on / off option. I guess Google wants us to be 100% sure that the watch is disconnected.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Morning Kodiak. I don't think there is an option to turn that Off in Wear OS. That disconnected icon seems to be ingrained into Wear OS with no turn on / off option. I guess Google wants us to be 100% sure that the watch is disconnected.

thanks for confirming

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw this morning that the recent Wear OS app update had a fix for the "time zone sync bug". I never heard of it or experienced any Time Zone issues with any of my watches. Anyone ever run into this bug before this new update fixed it?

Badelhas

Reaction score
I saw this morning that the recent Wear OS app update had a fix for the "time zone sync bug". I never heard of it or experienced any Time Zone issues with any of my watches. Anyone ever run into this bug before this new update fixed it?

Not to me at least. I still have the following annoying Bluetooth bug, it's been six months now: if audio in on for calls there's a 12 seconds delay when picking up call on the phone. Also, I almost never see the name of the person who is calling, even with that setting off. But I believe it's a bug that only happens with the Google Pixel 2.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It must be, I haven't noticed that bug with any watch / phone combination.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

I've noticed it. I think I had to restart the watch to get it to sync the right time, or manually select the timezone. Even while connected to my phone, which had the right time, my watch would not change timezones.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So I'm anxiously awaiting announcements from Google and Qualcomm in the next few months....Qualcomm has a new smartwatch processor, with added power management and other features. Google may be coming out with a Pixel Watch, with an emphasis on fitness (which could mean new and additional sensors).

The other interesting possibility with a Google Pixel watch is using it for two-factor authentification, or even some sort of password/security key. That would be a pretty big deal to ditch passwords/logins if you're wearing you're watch and it's connected to your device via bluetooth.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, we have been reading some of the same news apparently. Both of those could be major advancements for the smart watch platform.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yep, we have been reading some of the same news apparently. Both of those could be major advancements for the smart watch platform.

I'm almost more interested in what other OEM's might do with the new processor. I may be mistaken, but the Google experience devices have always seemed to emphasize or launch new software/UI features much more so than being bleeding edge tech.....I'd bet money it won't have more than 4GB of storage (more like 2.4GB a effectively) so they can really push you to use the cloud, like they always do.

Also, another big change I'm hoping for is more truly standalone apps. I think this is partly a function of storage and other Wear OS limitations, but some apps seem to be merely companion/mirror of the app on your phone (which kind of defeates the purpose of a "standalone" watch).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
From what I read, all watches currently running Wear OS 2.0 should receive the new OS update.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk