Android OS 2.1 available for the Droid, use at your own risk!

J

JohnDroid

The Nexus One ROM has been copied and modified to work on the Droid. What does this mean exactly? Well, the Nexus One utilizes the Android 2.1 OS which is newer then what we currently have for the Droid.

If you are feeling particularly bleeding edge and daring you can attempt to put this on your phone, but beware, it's not for the faint of heart. Already there are reports about some people are having difficulties.

If you wish to continue please do a complete backup first and be aware that you could brick your phone, which won't be covered by your warranty.

The following thread has more information on the process (Thanks LosAngeles):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/9971-apparent-stable-2-1-rom-droid.html

DroidSickness

Reaction score
I cant beilive they would release an update that can brick your phone what the ****.

DroidSickness

Reaction score
I cant beilive they would release an update that can brick your phone what the ****.

this isn't an update that's been approved by Google for release to the masses... it was 'dumped' off the Nexus device.

So who was realeasing it because I thought that last week this update was being sent out by motorla in the hundreds and than started to see it in the 100,000s for people to download. And than that would make sense. So when would the update 2.1.0 from motorola be released.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

this isn't an update that's been approved by Google for release to the masses... it was 'dumped' off the Nexus device.

So who was realeasing it because I thought that last week this update was being sent out by motorla in the hundreds and than started to see it in the 100,000s for people to download. And than that would make sense. So when would the update 2.1.0 from motorola be released.

You have the Nexus "dump" UNOFFICIAL "hacker" Version 2.1 mixed up with OFFICIAL OEM 2.0.1 OTA Update from the "makers"

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

the update on Dec 11th that was pushed OTA was 2.0.1

2.1 is the 'rumored' version that the Jan 22nd update will be. Again... 'rumored'.
We know there is an update on Jan 22nd but there has been no official word on what version.

P3Droid

Reaction score
Okay, this is not an official release and should not be flashed on to your phone unless you know what your doing. This can brick your phone and will void your warranty.

Having said this - It is my opinoin that if you need to ask what this is then you should be using this.

I have rooted my hone and put the recovery image on my device. Then I restored the 2.1 rom onto my device using nandroid.

I liked this image - I didn't have any problems worth mentioning. The rom is being discussed here.

Just an FYI - I used SirPsycoS recovery and Greeks 2.1 rom, I went from 2.0.1 to 2.1 and back to 2.0.1. I just flashed back (recovered) to 2.1 which I'm going to try and run for the rest of toda.

OP
J

JohnDroid

Okay, this is not an official release and should not be flashed on to your phone unless you know what your doing. This can brick your phone and will void your warranty.

Having said this - It is my opinoin that if you need to ask what this is then you should be using this.

I have rooted my hone and put the recovery image on my device. Then I restored the 2.1 rom onto my device using nandroid.

I liked this image - I didn't have any problems worth mentioning. The rom is being discussed here.

Just an FYI - I used SirPsycoS recovery and Greeks 2.1 rom, I went from 2.0.1 to 2.1 and back to 2.0.1. I just flashed back (recovered) to 2.1 which I'm going to try and run for the rest of toda.

P3Droid,

Do you mind if I use your avatar and add it to the "default" library here for others to choose from?

P3Droid

Reaction score

Having said this - It is my opinoin that if you need to ask what this is then you should NOT be doing this.

I have rooted my phone and put the recovery image on my device. Then I restored the 2.1 rom onto my device using nandroid.

Just an FYI - I used SirPsycoS recovery and Greeks 2.1 rom, I went from 2.0.1 to 2.1 and back to 2.0.1. I just flashed back (recovered) to 2.1 which I'm going to run for the rest of today.

Just a fix to my original post.

P3Droid

Reaction score

P3Droid,

Do you mind if I use your avatar and add it to the "default" library here for others to choose from?

Yeah, I have two others as well.

DroidSickness

Reaction score

the update on Dec 11th that was pushed OTA was 2.0.1

2.1 is the 'rumored' version that the Jan 22nd update will be. Again... 'rumored'.
We know there is an update on Jan 22nd but there has been no official word on what version.

OK now I got the full info thanks allot for that. I thought they were saying that 2.0.1 was not released by Motrola and was confusing because when I saw 2.1.0 I thought it was just a type and was reffering to 2.0.1. lol.

DroidSickness

Reaction score

OK thanks but you lost me at the end dude sorry.

daonesock

Reaction score
can someone please give me recovery files for 2.0.1? .. I went to 2.1 and forgot to backup my 2.0.1