Android 4.1.2 Version of Jelly Bean Rolling Out to Motorola Droid RAZR HD & MAXX HD

hotice

Reaction score
I love this update! My phone is fast and snappy and the already outstanding battery life is even better. I had to revert back to ICS because I had the camera and keyboard from 4.2 installed so I lost that but I'm hapy with the trade off :)
?!?! The camera is better with 4.1.2. I don't know how much but I took a bunch of pictures over the weekend and it seems to do a much better job focusing.
As far as the keyboard goes, do yourself a favor and just get SwiftKey!

hotice

Reaction score
Wow, I'm surprised to see all the problems people are having. I haven't noticed any problems with sending in GMail. Chrome on my Maxx HD has always been awesome and I haven't noticed any change with that. I feel like the phone overall is smoother and more fluid in general operation. I also think the battery life has been better.

My biggest complaint with this phone is it doesn't support using a bluetooth earpiece to access your first three speed dial numbers. My Droid X did until they released 2.3 - which broke it for some reason. Then they released another update that made it work again. Later they released an update that broke it once again. It's never worked on the Maxx HD. I have an earpiece that supports it and I love not needing to rely on voice recognition to call my wife. While dictation works great voice dialing for some reason is still unreliable for me.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been running this update for about 2 weeks now, and I see no difference at all in performance or battery life. I can't even tell what might be new or improved. This phone could have been really amazing, but with them locking it down tighter than a drum, there has been very little dev work on this phone. It is a good phone, but I think that I will never buy another non-Nexus phone. Or at least only get phones that can be unclocked.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Now I'm having battery drain issues. Been off the charger for a little over 11 hours, with only 35 minutes of screen-on time and I am down to 70% battery, and wifi has been on 95% of the time. Currently in the process of doing a meter training, so hopefully I see a difference on Wed. If not, I think I'm going to revert back to 4.1.1

noumena12

Reaction score
Not too bad

I haven't had too many problems with the JB release and my RAZR MAXX HD. For a while my phone didn't seem to think it was connected to a network. I rebooted a couple of times on the first day but it seems to have resolved itself now...or I just haven't noticed.

I was hoping it would fix the issue with connecting to my wifi...but it didn't. This device doesn't work with my wireless modem but works with others. I worked with Verizon Tech Support when I first got the phone but we were never able to resolve the problem. :angry:

wingnutlori

Reaction score
Jelly Bean Problems...

Immediately with the Jelly Bean update, I discovered that my home WiFi was no longer supported. Had to spend $40 to buy a newer Router/Modem (Gateway). Thanks, Verizon!

I have not been able to receive emails from my Verizon.net email account since the upgrade. I've tried changing port numbers, to no avail.

Read that with JB, ALL widgets are re-sizable. They are NOT.

Although the unit seems a little more "zippy" .... I'm not seeing any other great improvements, sadly.:frown:

CSchlim

Reaction score
zippy? Maybe if you call a C R A W L as being fast!

My update installed fine but now my yahoo email takes forever to load. Oh, btw...everything takes forever to load. Sadly, I turn my Kindle HD on instead of the Razr HD because the tablet is so very much faster. Discusting. Android...fix the fix!

emjay

Reaction score
Battery drain

With the new update, my battery drains in hours. Also, the phone will not sleep anymore but will stay open unless I press the on/off button. Connectivity is fine but I'm charging it constantly!

Reaction score
They need to fix the auto-rotaion bug. Having to keep going into settings is annoying.

I'm having trouble with the auto rotate too since the upgrade---it auto rotates and then will not return to original position! I have to back out of it and re-enter the texting app to go back to normal screen

Reaction score
With the new update, my battery drains in hours. Also, the phone will not sleep anymore but will stay open unless I press the on/off button. Connectivity is fine but I'm charging it constantly!

I noticed that my battery doesn't last as long anymore too! Do NOT like this!

jbon7904

Reaction score
system update in March 2013

Since the upgrade my Droid Razr Maxx often shuts down on its own. A second issue: Often a message will appear on the screen saying there is no SIM card - at the same time the 4G indicator shows zero/red slash and the phone bars shows zero/red slash. I do a complete shutdown to recover. What's happening???:frown:

director38

Reaction score
Lost two functions after the update

My wife has a Droid Razr and just got the JB update last week. I pushed her into it for Google Now but now I am regretting it. For one, she lost her weather widget. Second, we cannot seem to turn on the camera shutter sound. I found the setting and it is in fact checked, but no sound. I cannot seem to find anyone else who has noticed these changes or any fixes.

wwcnut

Reaction score
It was unfortunate that it removed the Sticky Pad Widget and information without warning or at least sending what was on it to my gmail. However battery life is better than ICS but not as good as GB. Could be because a lot more is going on. Camera is much better especially with forced focus highlight and panorama. The Google NOW is cool and somewhat invasive in a good way. Some of the tweaks like the double tap and slide/ zoom in n out in Maps is neat. Overall integration is great and I also am not reading my old WiFi as well at home but get my work WiFi at twice the distance. It fixed the GPS location issues that ICS caused. Over all I like it a lot. We need a tips and tricks on our phones for it.

uppernh

Reaction score
My Wifi connectivity takes about 5 minutes to complete since this update. FRUSTRATING!

My wifi takes as much time and finally when it says "active" the phone starts turning off wifi. There are several squirrly other things to.

victoriak68

Reaction score
I just recently upgraded from a RAZR (very first release) to my current MAXX HD. I had received JB on my RAZR just before that. Some good came with the RAZR update. 1. Motorola's music player was removed, thank God. 2. When connecting to my TV via hdmi, Webtop mode turned my RAZR into a mouse pad, which was cool. 3. Aesthetics were somewhat more pleasing to the eye. That was all I could find good about it on the first RAZR. The bad? 1. Chrome was still slow and it still froze, but I still had the stock browser to use. 2. Randomly being kicked out of various things. It didn't seem to matter what I was doing. One moment I was doing it, the next I was looking at my home screen. 3. Didn't notice any improvement with the camera.

Now for the MAXX. Pros: I honestly can't give a fair assessment regarding JB since I only just bought the phone. Cons: Webtop mode is no longer in existence and I am so not happy about that. What's the point of mirror mode with a TV? I'd rather use my phone as a touch pad while navigating when hooked up to my television. If anyone has a solution for this, I'm all ears. 2. I'm still being randomly sent back to my home screen when doing things and I still can't figure out what's causing it. 3. The circles widget is present, but doesn't work with 3rd party launchers. 4. Again, the camera is uninspired, even with the HD feature. By the way, no flash when taking HD shots either.

This last little bit I'm about to add is very likely an aspect of the MAXX HD and not JB, but I'm adding it anyway. I'm not a fan of syncing my tunes using media apps on the computer. I just simply prefer using Windows explorer, which I cannot do now unless I remove my sd card from my phone.

Anyway, not sure if any of what I've said adds any value to this discussion, but I felt a need to share. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2