Android 4.1.2 Version of Jelly Bean Rolling Out to Motorola Droid RAZR HD & MAXX HD

xmiinc

Reaction score
I lost Temp and Sticky widgets, but overall feel its a snappier phone, integration feels improved, better interface design, and the Lapdock experience is tighter too. I did have an audio corruption thing happen after the update. But a reboot fixed it since. Overall not unhappy.

victoriak68

Reaction score
I'm going to miss my lapdock lol. With the purchase of my MAXX HD, I lost the ability to take advantage of the Webtop feature since it's no longer supported by motorola. What I'll miss most is Webtop when connected to my TV. That was very cool.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

PRyan1877

Reaction score
My voice mail has to "Sign In" whenever I tap the voice mail icon, it use to connect right away. Other than that all is well in the Razr Max world.

sara505

Reaction score
I got the OTA last night...I lost the delivery report on text messages with stock app. I did a hard reset didn't fix anyone having this issue? I have Razor Maxx HD.

I had to go in and reset that option, but it's working now.

sara505

Reaction score
I was looking forward to this update (works great on my N7)but it's been nothing but problems for me. Voice Command is basically non-functional, rendering hands-free dialing nonexistent.

Camera defaults to "Auto Flash." I rarely use flash so I have to switch it off every time.

Too many things to click. For example, when opening an attachment, it gives me options and asks, "one time, or always." Even when I choose "always," it doesn't matter, it still asks me every time.

It's forever asking me if I want to sign on to Wi-Fi signals it picks up. And every time, I have to say, "no."

I hate this update. And yes, I've done a factory re-set, cleared the cache in some cases.

stevejal

Reaction score
Problems with Jelly Bean - Razr Maxx

Since the update I have had much shorter battery life and every few days my Razr Maxx gets so laggy that I have to clear cache. I have done a factory reset also that seemed to help for a while but then the laggy performance shows it's ugly head again. When I check the battery usage stats quite often I observe that the OS is using far more battery than the screen which is totally the reverse of what I saw before this update.

No other problems have been noticed, but it would be nice fix these.

victoriak68

Reaction score
Since the update I have had much shorter battery life and every few days my Razr Maxx gets so laggy that I have to clear cache. I have done a factory reset also that seemed to help for a while but then the laggy performance shows it's ugly head again. When I check the battery usage stats quite often I observe that the OS is using far more battery than the screen which is totally the reverse of what I saw before this update.

No other problems have been noticed, but it would be nice fix these.

My question is out of curiosity rather than any sort of expertise. I don't pretend to know what could be causing the battery issue, especially since I only just purchased my MAXX and have no way of knowing what to expect. However, I feel compelled to ask how much storage space you have used on both your internal and external? Also, of the apps that you do have on your phone, how many are free ad-based apps? I'm also wondering what the impact of these apps would have on the updated OS.

stevejal

Reaction score
My question is out of curiosity rather than any sort of expertise. I don't pretend to know what could be causing the battery issue, especially since I only just purchased my MAXX and have no way of knowing what to expect. However, I feel compelled to ask how much storage space you have used on both your internal and external? Also, of the apps that you do have on your phone, how many are free ad-based apps? I'm also wondering what the impact of these apps would have on the updated OS.

I really do not have an answer on the specific apps, but I have exactly the same apps as before the update. Before the update when I would have "normal" use of my phone I had about 70 percent or better left on my battery at the end of the day (I am not a heavy user on the call side of the phone, just internet and emails and a few calls each day). Now I see 50 - 60 percent left at the end of the day. Since my useage is the same on average and my use of apps on the phone is the same on average I think the system update accounts for the additional battery use in some way. No way to prove it that I know of. Thanks for your input.

victoriak68

Reaction score
You're welcome. Reason I asked was partly to do with background activity. Are 3rd party apps being given more freedom or did this update come with more garbage? While I can't speak for the battery, I have noticed more mobile data usage (4g not wifi) on my MAXX than I ever had on my regular RAZR even though I'm connected to wifi.

raylet

Reaction score
I'm not real excited so far. Battery usage seems worse, my camera and video recently started acting up. Prior to thw update, I was using about 25% to 30% of the batterys capacity. Now it's more like 60%. I admit I've been using Google Maps a little more but not that much.

Another problem I've had since day 1 is "The HUX e-mail engine has stopped working". What's that all about?

Last edited:

Vito.a

Reaction score
I've had some issues with Jelly Bean also. My contact numbers with pauses (,) and waits(;) no longer function. It also split some of my contacts into multiple duplicates. I called Verizon and worked my way up to a tier two rep, then he patched me through to Motorola who said they are known bugs. It appears this update was rushed without proper debugging.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I've had some issues with Jelly Bean also. My contact numbers with pauses (,) and waits(;) no longer function. It also split some of my contacts into multiple duplicates. I called Verizon and worked my way up to a tier two rep, then he patched me through to Motorola who said they are known bugs. It appears this update was rushed without proper debugging.

I know with the Reg Maxx people had dup photos and all they did was clear cache under apps. See if there is data in the cache in Contacts and clear it. I am assuming you have all you contacts backed up with your Google email.

bjterry62

Reaction score
I was looking forward to this update (works great on my N7)but it's been nothing but problems for me. Voice Command is basically non-functional, rendering hands-free dialing nonexistent.

Camera defaults to "Auto Flash." I rarely use flash so I have to switch it off every time.

Too many things to click. For example, when opening an attachment, it gives me options and asks, "one time, or always." Even when I choose "always," it doesn't matter, it still asks me every time.

It's forever asking me if I want to sign on to Wi-Fi signals it picks up. And every time, I have to say, "no."

I hate this update. And yes, I've done a factory re-set, cleared the cache in some cases.

Same for me. Voice Dialing is a must have that I rely on DAILY. After the JB update, it NEVER GETS THE NAME RIGHT!!!! Not only do I not get who I need, I have to waste time explaining why I called someone else. Seriously considering going to a windows phone after this crap! And what's with the alarm clock? I tap the widget and all I get is the time and the option to set the alarm. Well, HELLO!! That's why I tapped it. Go to the friggin alarm settings like it used to. Why do they have to try to fix stuff that's not broken? Anyone got instructions on how to roll back to ICS?

BT

bjterry62

Reaction score
BTW, the above post is referring to Bluetooth voice dialing. If I use the phone by hand and enter Voice Commands, it gets it right. The voice on the phone is different though. it's the one I used to get. Now with my earpiece, it's a different voice and it DOES NOT learn as it goes. I have tried speech recognition in voice commands and it does not help the bluetooth issue.

BT

mjensen

Reaction score
This upgrade has been a huge mess for us. We use Mobile Iron for our enterprise device management to handle our Droid and Apple phones. This update removed the mail API's that MI was using to manage email on the device. VERY big disappointment there. Now I have 60+ Razr's that cannot be protected as well as they could before the update. Chalk up another bonus for Apple :angry: