Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

huskur

Reaction score
Where is the ban stick when you need one.

What was the problem with the post??
I don't see a problem. Wish i had never gotten the update either. I was running UD9 at the time and now i the update basically forced install (would drain battery trying to download every 30 minutes so had to unroot and go ahead and accept it). My phone is rather snappy with the 2.1 not as fast as UD9 OCed but still snappy.

Hope the update.zip for ESE81 comes quick. This stock $hit sucks

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I am going to uninstall all of my apps, and then reinstall them one at a time.. An app is opening about 20 other applications in the back ground, and it has my phone running slow and choppy. When I run ATK, my phone is smooth... when I put it back into sleep mode, and wake it back up, it's choppy and slow again...and then I have to run ATK again...

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
I am going to uninstall all of my apps, and then reinstall them one at a time.. An app is opening about 20 other applications in the back ground, and it has my phone running slow and choppy. When I run ATK, my phone is smooth... when I put it back into sleep mode, and wake it back up, it's choppy and slow again...and then I have to run ATK again...
Exactly. The phone is noticably slower since the OTA for 2.1 release 1. Here is to hoping that things get rectified quickly.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Exactly. The phone is noticably slower since the OTA for 2.1 release 1. Here is to hoping that things get rectified quickly.

I think mine is application related.. I am going to uninstall the last 20 or so apps, and see what happens.

andrewb

Reaction score
I got my down load this morning for my Motorola Droid. I did the update, when my phone tried to turn back on it is stuck between the Droid Eye and the white droid lettering after 3 hours I called Verizon. It continues this cycle and wont stop. In order to turn of the phone I have to pull the battery. Is there another reset button somewhere. I called Verizon and they told me I'd have to get a new phone. Any instant suggestions, I am having withdrawls!!

Droidless in Oregon!

it did the same thing to me, what you need to do is a factory reset by holding x when you turn your phone on then press the volume up and the camera buttons and then use the d-pad to do the rest and after that you will have to activate the phone and it should work with 2.1 already installed, at least it worked that way for me so worth a try

GotnFX

Reaction score
Oh yeah.. one quirky note about Speech to Text: If you use an obscene word while speaking, the translation will result in "####" being displayed in place of the bad word.... I found that kind of funny....

lmao. i know right. i used it literally 10 mins ago to have #######. lol it kinda sucks
I have handcent as my SMS..the speech to text translate half the time..but when I use the speech to text with the stock SMS or anything else..it seems to work fine. Anyone with handcent experiencing this?

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
I dumped all of my apps and just left the "stock" ones installed and it is not any faster. perhaps you will have better luck than I did. I does seem slightly odd though, did you have issues on 2.0.1 or was it just since you recieved the OTA? Just curious.

iron man unit 007

Reaction score
Got mine today, no errors with installation or reboot. Phone's performance has not suffered, all systems online and operational.

Markee

Reaction score
Got 2.1 last night... An Easter present... Seems to work well, new photo galery is outstanding. Looking forward to flash... any news on when flash will happen..?

bpad10

Reaction score
I received the update around 2:30am and installed. I found that my phone is actually faster and smoother. I love it! My wife noticed the same with her update.

Only glitch is most of the live wall papers out on the market don't work well with beautiful widgets in landscape. Only stock LWP work great with Beautiful widgets. I expect that to bee "ironed" out soon.

Helix with 5 screens is fantastic and fast.....

acorodi

Reaction score
Got the 2.1 update but I only noticed a couple of things. Any place I can look to see what all has changed? Also is there a way to increase clock speed without changing anything else? Please let me know.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look guys. I'm trying to watch 24. SSHGuru I'm the only one with a ban stick. You guys play nice or I'm going to start issuing infractions. I don't want anymore trouble today. Than you and have a good evening.

Zippster

Reaction score
Received my update today and after it, the phone seemed sluggish and gallery wasnt working right either, I did a manual reboot and everything was fine. The scrolling seems slightly slower, but nothing crazy.