Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

I

iesous2

My wife's phone still hasn't updated. Tried turning it off and back on like a reset hoping it would pop up but no success. Guess I just have to wait unless someone has another option for getting the update :mad:

hart.jordan

Reaction score
ive had my droid since the day after Xmas and my girlfriend got hers 2 weeks ago... she got her update on the 2nd, and im still effing waiting!!!!! this sucks!!!!!!

shobe

Reaction score
I just got mine this morning. 2.1 + Helix Launcher + Quick Profiles FTW. Been messing with this thing all day. Speech to txt is a welcome addition as the pinch zoom feature. I didn't much care for it on my iPod Touch, but can see why people like it. Live wallpaper is cool (especialy wobble ;-) ) but removed it since it seemed to cause a little lag. All in all, it's everything I was hoping for (sans flash support)

Ass Nacho

Reaction score
Both my wife and I receiver out updates sometime overnight. Only difference we experienced was that I had a notification where my wife didn't. Her update seemed go through on its own.

dverespy

Reaction score
Crashed Droid need help

My wife received her update sometime overnight and did the install this morning. When the phone went to reboot it hung on the motorola logo and froze there. I tried a battery popout multiple times, hard reset to factory defaults. Still no luck froze still freezes at the same point. Is the phone dead or is there a way around this. Now I am afraid to do the update on my phone. Need help:mad:

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
I got my update today and I wish I did not install it. The phone is a total DOG now. It's slow as hell all around; switching home screens, switching apps, coming out of sleep mode. Looks like We need a PATCH and STAT! If I don't get a patch in a week, I am going to root it and be done. The only question left then is: Which ROM do I use? Too many to choose from.

louchang

Reaction score
received my update this morning, install went smooth. nothing for the wife yet.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where is the ban stick when you need one.

I got my update today and I wish I did not install it. The phone is a total DOG now. It's slow as hell all around; switching home screens, switching apps, coming out of sleep mode. Looks like We need a PATCH and STAT! If I don't get a patch in a week, I am going to root it and be done. The only question left then is: Which ROM do I use? Too many to choose from.

Section VIII

Reaction score
Still haven't gottne mine and my wife got the update last week. I guess I'll just have to be patient...

darkjester73

Reaction score
Got mine but no extra home screens. gallery taking some getting used to. The live wallpaper is cool lots of free ones. Seems to run ok for me.