Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

GottiWarbucks

Reaction score
What I did to get my update on 4/3/10
Directed myself to "about phone"
Checked for system updates
Update 2.1 was found and option to download
Clicked fownload and process started
Checked phone again and option to download is still highlightable and selectable to start process all over
Powered off phone & restart
Allowed phone to sit for aprox 5 min
OTA update notification received with 3 selectable options
Hit install now phone resets and voila!!!!

GottiWarbucks

Reaction score
What I did to get my update on 4/3/10
Directed myself to "about phone"
Checked for system updates
Update 2.1 was found and option to download
Clicked download and process started
Checked phone again and option to download is still highlightable and selectable to start process all over
Powered off phone & restart
Allowed phone to sit for aprox 5 min
OTA update notification received with 3 selectable options
Hit install now phone resets and voila!!!!

Reaction score
got mine at 3am hawaii time. i was surprise when i watched a youtube video and i still had to go to menu and manually put it on "high quality" mode still. i was rooted before and it had that hight quality youtube fix.

Rollingbones

Reaction score
Got tired of waiting so I did the manual upgrade and it worked like a charm. Like others had to dump the gallery shortcut and reinstall. I imagine if I run into any other shortcuts that don't work, I'll just do the same. I agree that the gallery is awesome!!! It'll take a little time to explore the other upgrades. Enjoy folks!!!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
ok i see tons of people saying 2.1 update 1...

Is that what your phone says or does it say 2.1-update1? Mine has the dash in it and i Manually updated. If verizon released a diff one OTA im gonna be pissed.

JoDroid

Reaction score
Still updateless in NYC, but my Daughter's phone received the update 2 days ago.... we bought our phones same day on the family plan. :huh:

I will probably manually update sometime tomorrow.

DroidGurl

Reaction score
Got mine...I actually had to keep putting it off because I needed the phone this afternoon and couldn't have it offline for the update. It kept coming back with a system update notice every 30 or 60 minutes. I finally did it. Live wallpapers are cool, I haven't really noticed the changes except for that, the gallery, and the pinch zoom. I'm not sure what's in the update but I'm hoping I can finally manage my photos and music better? I'll have to take a look later....

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Is that what your phone says or does it say 2.1-update1? Mine has the dash in it and i Manually updated. If verizon released a diff one OTA im gonna be pissed.

Mine says 2.1-update1, exactly like yours, Build number ESE81 and mine was and is stock with the OTA update arriving on Friday night.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Mine says 2.1-update1, exactly like yours, Build number ESE81 and mine was and is stock with the OTA update arriving on Friday night.

Ok cool deal. Thank you! :)

stmomma

Reaction score

Mine has the dash and I got it OTA.