Amazon deal... Working the system?

WolfBrother

Reaction score
Thinking about adding two new lines just so I can get two bionics for me and my wife. But we want to keep the unlimited data.

If we get the phones with the amazon deal for a penny. We lose unlimited.

Can we cancel the new lines and add are current plans to the bionics without fees for canceling the new lines?

Any info is good. We are going to are local store this weekend. I just do not want to waste the trip, if I don't have to

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

svickstc

Reaction score
Not sure why the amazon deal would "un-grandfather" you from the unlimited data clause...

I would definitely look into that more and make sure they are not "working" you over

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
New lines don't qualify for unlimited... The gf only applys to those lines. You can however get the
2 with line minimums then move the phones to the unlimited lines... put stupid phones on the new lines and drop those down to basic lines with no data...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

texasPI

Reaction score
Dude, read the post. The only way to get the Bionic at a penny each is with a new line. @op, I doubt you can do this.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Dude, read the post. The only way to get the Bionic at a penny each is with a new line. @op, I doubt you can do this.

Dude... Lol, I did, haha difference is... I actually read the op... Not guessing at its meaning.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
No substitute for experience...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using my unlimited data, rofl, via DroidForums :)

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Im with you ^. I did the same for the Thunderbolt awhile back to keep my unlimited data. Cuz the only way you can keep it when ur grandfathered is by doing an upgrade. New lines wont count, you can only get that 1gb or 2gb plan.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Im with you ^. I did the same for the Thunderbolt awhile back to keep my unlimited data. Cuz the only way you can keep it when ur grandfathered is by doing an upgrade. New lines wont count, you can only get that 1gb or 2gb plan.

As long as you keep a smart phone on the line... You keep the unl data... 3g/4g doesn't matter...
So to elaborate, get the 2 on new lines 3 and 4... With 1 gig minimum plan each.. Go home, call 611 , ask them to move them to lines 1&2 gf unlim data lines and the other 2 to the new lines (carefully as you want no mistakes where it might drop your unlimited data, if any flack, be nice and keep calling till you get a rep that knows her/his job) ... Get 2 stupid flip VZ phones anywhere... Swap meet, buddy that upgraded etc. and have those put on lines 3& 4 , drop the data from them as not needing of data or required.... 4 lines... 2 bionics with gf unlimited plans @ $30+ 2@ $9.99 family add a line no data tucked in a drawer.

gunit34328

Reaction score
i think what the OP is asking is it possible to get two bionics with their current plans AND not have to pay for 4 plans (2 current and 2 new plans with basic phones). he wants to be able to get the two bionics basically for free and cancel the 2 new plans to get the free bionics in the first place w/o having to pay for cancellation fees.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
^^... I doubt that that is his thought process at all??? No one,(no reflection on you! Honestly) but, perhaps an inexperienced child would expect to cancel something based on a purchase without having to return said purchase...
You wouldn't lease or buy a car on a two year loan, cancel the loan and expect to keep the car would you? As he indicated "his and his wife's plans" I'm giving him the adult by default advice :)

parton1080

Reaction score
For what it's worth, my wife had the unlimited data package and I had no data and no smart phone. I bought the bionic from amazon as an existing customer with upgrade eligibility, and I now also have unlimited data. I thought that I would not. This is not like your situation, but it may help, or not...

gunit34328

Reaction score
^^... I doubt that that is his thought process at all??? No one,(no reflection on you! Honestly) but, perhaps an inexperienced child would expect to cancel something based on a purchase without having to return said purchase...
You wouldn't lease or buy a car on a two year loan, cancel the loan and expect to keep the car would you? As he indicated "his and his wife's plans" I'm giving him the adult by default advice :)

the OP did say "Can we cancel the new lines and add are current plans to the bionics without fees for canceling the new lines?" the OP also titled the thread "working the system" so that's how i interpreted it as...

OP
WolfBrother

WolfBrother

Reaction score
Pretty much all I want is two new phones with unlimited data. Hoping to use the amazon penny deal, and add lines for it.

Then switch my current unlimited plans on the bionics rather then on our Droid x's.

Once its all said and done I want to drop the the new lines.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Guess I missed that part, wow...
Working the system was my suggestion...
Ntt question to too is then, what duo you plan on taking back/sending back when you cancel the lines?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Pretty much all I want is two new phones with unlimited data. Hoping to use the amazon penny deal, and add lines for it.

Then switch my current unlimited plans on the bionics rather then on our Droid x's.

Once its all said and done I want to drop the the new lines.

My hunch would be that when you drop the lines you will be charged the end contract early fees and/or be billed for the full retain price of the phones. Could get expensive in a hurry.