Am I the only one getting good battery life?

Scouser

Reaction score
19 hours and 30 minutes, still at 40% on the standard battery.

Scouser

Reaction score
Yeah, what is your display brightness on? Also, is the battery within the first week of use?

hoboX10

Reaction score
My Rezound seems to get excellent battery life. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm generally out of the house for almost 12 hours and I use my phone heavily in that time, and my Rezound has never dropped below 25% on those days. On other days it never drops below 50-60% and it has never died during the day.

Reaction score
What was your display on time? There is no reason with the extended battery that you should be only getting 9 hours.

a almost a month in, I conditioned the battery as well. Automatic brightness. how do you find the screen on time?

Scouser

Reaction score
I'll let it fully charge and tomorrow i will post the usage results now that i know where to access the info. heres today, i barely used it.

The percentages seem right because I have the same ones. Do you bump charge etc? How long have you been leaving it on the charger? Also, try it with 20% brightness.

OP
Insidious

Insidious

Reaction score
Honestly I've been using it like I normally would. Its crazy, on Friday I got over a day of battery life. Unplugged and syncing all night, which was for me from about 12 to 9:30.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Bigbootyman

Reaction score
I get extremely good battery life with both my extended battery and the regular battery. I'm talking up to 2 days on the extended and at least 24 hours on the regular battery.
Impossible you say?
I'm rooted and running CleanROM 1.6, with his supplied kernal. Not overclocked or underclocked. Here is what I've done that I think gives me the best battery life:

I disable wi-fi and bluetooth and only turn them on when I need them.
I turn off 3G while at work, except for my breaks and lunch. Calls and texts still come through, but no email.
GPS is off, except when using Google Maps.
I use timerrific to automatically control screen brightness, ringer, vibrate, wifi, and bluetooth

I also have Rom Toolbox Pro and used the Auto Start Manager to disable the following:
Google Maps
Facebook-don't use it
Market
Titanium Backup
Usage Monitor
Volume+
WeatherBug Elite
Words Free
You may have other apps that automatically start, so once you have a fresh reboot, check your running apps after about 5 minutes and disable what you see fit.

I also have removed all bloat that was left in the Rom, like VZW Media Manager, Flicker and maybe a few others. Hint - First try freezing any app that you want to remove first, just in case something doesn't jive without it, i.e., apps that rely on your Contact information, might cause it to instantly FC.

I hope this info helps all of you to increase your battery's life.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
so thats normal?

Actually that's not normal on a extended battery. Depends what kind of usage you are doing. But you should her more than 7 hours on a full charge. On mine with moderate usage I get 24hr or more. But I have my background data disable but I have screen turned you to 75%. I have my location and GPS disabled also.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have only had my rezound for short while but get about 18hrs on the extended battery. I am between 3g and 4g a lot. On straight 3g I got 11hrs out of regular battery. I am on the gb rez rom.

Sent from my Rezound

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so thats normal?

That is the second screen shot where I've seen Dolphin out using the screen. That in itself doesn't seem normal to me. The screen should be your largest battery user unless Dolphin is doing something in the background, which should show up,I would think, in a much larger awake time vs screen on time.
May I suggest you get Watch Dog lite.to monitor what's going on with Dolphin?
It also looks like your gps was actively doing something in the background (screen off but awake) for quite a bit as well. Perhaps that is the battery hog?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Last edited: