Am I the only one getting good battery life?

Reaction score
Pacific Northwet -- all rain, all the time
I disable wi-fi and bluetooth and only turn them on when I need them.
I turn off 3G while at work, except for my breaks and lunch. Calls and texts still come through, but no email.
GPS is off, except when using Google Maps.
I use timerrific to automatically control screen brightness, ringer, vibrate, wifi, and bluetooth

I don't live/work near 4G so I have the phone set to 3G only -- the concrete/steel building wreaks havoc with 3G, never considered turning it off (mostly because I thought it would kill calls & texts) -- since that is not the case, how are you turning 3G off? via a widget or settings on the phone?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use a widget

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cool -- care to elucidate? native? something from the market? OORAH !!

I prefer Easy Switch for my radio toggles. They don't look like your normal widgets. The screen shot shows wifi in orange when on, data on/off between his legs and off, Bluetooth at the bottom. I resized their location with Go Launcher. The widgets can be done in several variations and colors as well as includes many more than I'm using right now.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Reaction score
Yes im on the extended. I just think it's odd that i cant go a full 8 hours without hitting critical on the battery level, my bionic never had this problem. Today Dolphin was at 6% on the usage

View attachment 47830

maybe i should do a factory reset.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Under the "what's using my battery" if you tap cell standby time what percentage is showing on time with no signal? Also what signal strength do you have on average as far as -dbm? Settings, about phone, network. You might have to check it several times to get an average. mine averages above -90 most of the day

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Reaction score
Pacific Northwet -- all rain, all the time
at work im at -89 DBM.

how do i Keep wifi from enabling?
You could use a toggle -- there are several in the market... some are free, some cost a buck. I'm a big fan of SwitchPro Widget. 27 different things you can command -- very easy to build a control bar that works for you: toggles for wifi, gps, syncing, etc.
View attachment 47847

Additionally, you can set your phone to not turn on wifi when you launch certain programs. Menu > Settings > Wireless & networks > Wifi Settings > Menu > Advanced > Never auto turn on wifi.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
at work im at -89 DBM.

how do i Keep wifi from enabling?

This takes me back to the original thing where Dolphin showed up so high. I think you wrote Dolphin dropped yesterday but last night I uploaded a bunch of photos to Dropbox over 4g and though my usage didn't show why, my battery fell like a rock (literally 70% in about 2 hours) understandably.
I wonder if and, if so, what you might have running in the background that is possibly syncing frequently and/or possibly using your data network. On mine syncing, surfing, etc, over wifi is no where near as draining as 4g. Possibly the Verizon vcast media manager, Facebook, Google + ?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><