Droid x battery life

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I get about 18 hours of battery life without any battery apps. The only thing I have is the factory battery manager. And I use my phone casually I am always on droid forums and droid x forums apps, and almost always playing angrybirds lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

llong314

Reaction score
Agreed...have the stock battery and with moderate to sometimes heavy use I usually get at least 1 1/2 days before having to charge back up. Have had my X since October and have been VERY pleased with my battery life!!! :)

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I have toyed with the idea of the extended battery that u can st from Verizon that uses the stock battery cover. Im just wondering if it would be worth it with my battery lasting as long as it does. I find myself trying to kill my battery at night before I go to bed just so I wont have to charge it during the day.

HayWire

Reaction score
I've only had my x two days and am trying tocondtion
It.. the x came out of the box maybe halfway charged.

cccmhhh

Reaction score
You are lucky

I use mine quite a bit. Gps on 24 7 and mine will last from 7am till 2pm and im done.

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound nosey but that's y your battery dies so fast is there any reason gps stays on?

cccmhhh

Reaction score
Even with my gps off the battery life sucks. From five am to now im at 20%. My problem is at my work the phone is in the middle if downtown los angeles and is always searching for service. Is there a way to make it quit searching?

the5barrons

Reaction score
Even with my gps off the battery life sucks. From five am to now im at 20%. My problem is at my work the phone is in the middle if downtown los angeles and is always searching for service. Is there a way to make it quit searching?

Go Airplane mode when you're not using it. turn Airplane mode off and it'll resume trying to achieve the best signal. I'm on a ship right now, and since I have no need for any service, airplane mode just stays on all the time. ***Edit...and my battery lasts roughly...5 days? I don't use it for much while underway. Calendar, alarm, pictures, music. In port, the wifi comes out and it's back to almost normal...no service so...anything wifi can do. Just sayin'...my experience is the battery gets wasted on trying to keep up with 3g and the normal transfer of information. Heavy use (gaming, phone talk, long term GPS, etc) only makes it exponentially shorter. I hate to say that the best way to conserve battery is to not use it, but the proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:

dAi

Reaction score
I have the bh6x extended battery and I only get 9hrs. I also use it casually...

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Battery Life

Here's my tips:

1. (Doesn’t apply to all phones) Go to settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/Enable always-on data. Uncheck always on data. Your phone will still receive email, text, & phone calls as before as well as internet usage but your battery will last a lot longer.

2. Emails: I don't know what email app you use, but try this. It saves battery power and in some cases emails arrive quicker. This scheme will have you using only the Gmail app on the phone for all email accounts whether they are pop3 accounts or Gmail. Go to the Google Gmail inbox on your computer and log into the Gmail account. On the top right of the screen is an option called Settings. In there is an option to have the Gmail program poll your regular, non-Gmail accounts (From the inbox; Settings/Accounts & Import/ Check mail using POP3). Provide the email address and the password. The Google Gmail program will then poll your other accounts on a frequency from 1-5 minutes and push the email immediately to your phone. The polling frequency is determined by each account's activity - more emails = faster polling. This saves battery power because on the android OS pop3 accounts are polled at a frequency of 1-30 minutes and that really eats battery. Because the phone goes and checks those accounts for mail whether there is mail there or not.

3. If you are using Live Wall Papers, stop!

4. Use wifi any time it is available. It uses a lot less power than 3G and it is much faster.

5. If there are widgets that automatically update (facebook, weather, etc.) change their update frequency in their settings menu. Set them to 30mins or 1 hour.

6. Oh, almost forgot, get the extended battery from Verizon.

7. Turn off the GPS unless you are actually using it. There are some background apps that can burn a lot of power via a live gps.

8. The Power Control Widget is a good tool for easily turning on and off some of these features (gps, wifi, screen brightness, etc.).

9. From the home screen do the following: menu/settings/About Phone/Battery Use. This graph will show the 10 biggest power users on the phone. It should always be Screen as the top user and the android os, android system, phone standby and phone idle should be the other top users. If there is an app listed you should determine if it’s an app you actually use a lot or do you have a rogue app that needs to be uninstalled.

10. Get Screebl. It will turn your phone off anytime you are not actively using it.

11. If you have either a task killer or an anti-virus app installed, you should uninstall.

12. Go to data>system>and delete batterystats.bin after you've charged your phone to 100%. This will help with battery meter accuracy.

13. If you have ad blocker, turn it off.

14. If you are using Launcher Pro, try switching to ADW for a while.

elowe65

Reaction score
juicedefender (on default setting) and bh6x battery is getting me 2 full days with normal use.

Just to really test it all out, I had screen at full brightness, wifi on, little use with gps.

By the end of second day, it was at 30%.

I'm happy now

droidxep

Reaction score
Try switch pro it has an option to turn off 3g. You still get calla and texts

David_D

Reaction score
I too can vouche adw > launcher. My battery life went from 8hrs to 12hrs.

I also am running my gmail, work email, facebook, and beautiful widgets. I do not have a facebook widget and that also helped with my battery life.

cccmhhh

Reaction score
Trying them out

I have set some of these options up and will see whats up. Thanks for the help.

OP
eriscrazy

eriscrazy

Reaction score
Y does adw make your batterylife better? I have always used launcher pro what is the big sufferance?