stuck in bootloader / sbf not taking

ABQNM

Reaction score
Sounds like the bootloader is working but it just can't write to the actual system memory, whether it is corrupt or just broken, who knows. It seems like it is in a failsafe mode as though it cannot find the OS at all. I think you will probably be OK at Verizon.

OP
J

jwewing

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. I am heading over to VZ sometime this week.

perezil

Reaction score
It drives me nuts when people don't return back to the forum the asked help from and post their results.

I too am running into the same issue and would like to know if the visit to VZW was fruitful.

I have an open ticket with VZW and an RMA to send the phone in. Sadly, somewhere along the way, the moisture indicator has activated, and although I did tell the phone agent about this, she still proceeded with creating the RMA. Seems something is going on with an update that occured sometime before/after the change of DST. Thus, I think there were some updates that may be to blame here.

I've tried SBFs via RSD and the Linux ISO from 1KDStaz (which I have to say, is really slick). The 4.5.xxx 1KDStaz stopped the ability to use the Camera button to select (when in PWR + Home mode). So I am in the 2.3.340 from 1KDStaz. ADB does not detect THIS phone (prob due to it not being able to boot).

I suspect there is something else corrupted (Bootloader? Radio? et.?) but since I can't ADB it, my options are either SBF or an update.zip file that has the proper signature.

I am at the point where I am considering sending it in on the RMA, but have no idea how the phone will be treated. Yes, they know about the Moisture Sensor issue, but I was talking to a Motorola Representative (not employee) overseas, so I am reluctant to believe that anything she has offered or expects will or, is reality.
:serious:

Last edited:

ABQNM

Reaction score
It drives me nuts when people don't return back to the forum the asked help from and post their results.

I too am running into the same issue and would like to know if the visit to VZW was fruitful.

I have an open ticket with VZW and an RMA to send the phone in. Sadly, somewhere along the way, the moisture indicator has activated, and although I did tell the phone agent about this, she still proceeded with creating the RMA. Seems something is going on with an update that occured sometime before/after the change of DST. Thus, I think there were some updates that may be to blame here.

I've tried SBFs via RSD and the Linux ISO from 1KDStaz (which I have to say, is really slick). The 4.5.xxx 1KDStaz stopped the ability to use the Camera button to select (when in PWR + Home mode). So I am in the 2.3.340 from 1KDStaz. ADB does not detect THIS phone (prob due to it not being able to boot).

I suspect there is something else corrupted (Bootloader? Radio? et.?) but since I can't ADB it, my options are either SBF or an update.zip file that has the proper signature.

I am at the point where I am considering sending it in on the RMA, but have no idea how the phone will be treated. Yes, they know about the Moisture Sensor issue, but I was talking to a Motorola Representative (not employee) overseas, so I am reluctant to believe that anything she has offered or expects will or, is reality.
:serious:

On the 4.5.xxx the camera key is not used anymore in recovery. It changed with the gb kernel (red boot logo). When you hold home and power it up to go to recovery, once you get the ! , press both volume up and down keys together and you will get the menu. Then you use power to select and volume to navigate. I would do that sbf again.

perezil

Reaction score
On the 4.5.xxx the camera key is not used anymore in recovery. It changed with the gb kernel (red boot logo). When you hold home and power it up to go to recovery, once you get the ! , press both volume up and down keys together and you will get the menu. Then you use power to select and volume to navigate. I would do that sbf again.

:blink: Oooooo....
Booting to IKDStaz 4.5.xxx. Will post results after I run my tests.
Thank you for lesson.

ABQNM

Reaction score
You're welcome. Hope that works for you. Also welcome to the forums!