am I stuck with the RMHD?

nepkp

Reaction score
It seems like the software (4.4) is advancing rapidly, but the new update is not happening for loyal Motorola / Verizon customers. No more contracts for me! 2 years is too long to get stuck with any device these days, especially when the support is not trying to keep the users happy, while the technology passes them by.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
In a nut shell, yes.

I've noticed 2 typed of posters on here, people like me, who are just frustrated with all the smart phone companies, and then, the infamous fan boys.

When I first got my phone, loved it, made fun of my wifes iPhone5, etc.... but slowly started to get agitated with this phones performance and capabilities and short comings.

Anyway, I have Verizon, I live in NY, bout 45 minutes from the NYC, and Verizon is, for us at least, the only way to go.

But the thing with Android, is you cant seem to "blame" any one identity for support, or lack of support. Apple, on the other hand, is held liable for all their products and short comings, etc.

I have seen Verizon blamed for the 4.4 update wait, as well as Motorola due to being bought out.

Either way, for me, after a years experience and being on here, I can tell you one thing for certain, if your going to go Android, ROOT your phone, get rid of this ugly Verizon bloatware and from what I have read the phone really becomes its "own".

I REALLY wish I could root my phone, but my luck is I will mess it up, and the warranty will be voided, and I will be stuck with a brick.

Anyway, good luck, I will be waiting to see if Apple really does come out with a 4.7" screen SAPPHIRE glass phone (99.9% unbreakable display), if so, Ill be jumping ship to that one, and hopefully the new iOS8 will allow users to "mess" around with it so its customization to their liking, like a rooted Android, or kinda unrooted Android.

Good luck, and remember... at the end of the day its just a phone, and like Tyler Durden says....

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your effing phone. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
It seems like the software (4.4) is advancing rapidly, but the new update is not happening for loyal Motorola / Verizon customers. No more contracts for me! 2 years is too long to get stuck with any device these days, especially when the support is not trying to keep the users happy, while the technology passes them by.

What are you talking about? These Moto phones on Verizon have already gotten KitKat (Android 4.4):

Moto X
Moto G
Droid Maxx
Droid Ultra
Droid Mini

It's coming for:
Moto Atrix HD (AT&T)
Moto Razr HD
Moto Razr Maxx HD
Moto Razr M

Once you get the KitKat update, please tell us what new technology you are missing out on having with the RMHD?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Once you get the KitKat update, please tell us what new technology you are missing out on having with the RMHD?[/QUOTE]

Uhhh, ok:

Now supports lower-end devices and can run on just 512MB of RAM.
It will now have a new launcher.
Translucent system UI styling.
Enhanced notification access.
Includes faster multi-tasking.
More advanced caller ID.
new white/gray color scheme and fonts.
There is a new sensor batching technology. This is meant to cut down on sensor power consumption by grouping and prioritizing requests. Google claims it is now 25% more accurate, and can ask back for clarification.
It will now have wireless printing functionality.
Includes support for IR Blasters Natively. It is limited to sending functions only for now. It can't learn or receive yet. This is probably just a feature that is in progress since it is mostly not very useful yet.
No has native screen recording and can output in MP4 format.
Now supports Moto X-style "OK Google" voice commands. For now this only will work with the Nexus 5. Supposedly this feature is hardware dependent, although Google hasn't shared what is required.
Bluetooth devices will now be able to control the system volume directly instead of having to adjust two different volumes.
There is a new lock screen which includes a camera shortcut. You can also rearrange your homescreen.
Built-in Chromecast support.
Chrome web view.
Full-screen wallpapers with preview.
HDR+ photography.
Location in Quick Settings.
Low-power audio playback.
Music and movie-seeking from lock screen.
The NFC payment system doesn't require using the secure element anymore. It uses a software based emulation work around. Because of this, carriers can no longer use this as an excuse to not support Google's NFC payment functions.