Guess I am stuck with DROID 3......

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Guess I am stuck with DROID 3 until something better comes along that I like that is free, I hate Verizon!

I have an update available, all I want is the Galaxy Nexus S3, and I can not afford the $250 for it. I have been a customer with Verizon since long before they were Verizon and have always had at least 3 phones on the line, right now I have 5 and pay almost $400 a month for service.

So I called Verizon and was informed that under no circumstances can they or will they give any more discount then what is available in the stores or on the web, and the wonderful CAR I spoke to sounded insulted that I even asked.

3 out of the 5 phones on the account are no longer under contract and the other important 2 only have 3 and 4 months left. I may have to fi rally say goodbye to Verizon and move elsewhere.

I know I probably wont get free phones from another carrier and it will cost a lot to change, but with customer service like this why the he'll should I stay with Verizon?

In all these years I've been a loyal customer I have never asked them for anything.

So I am done ranting, had to let off some steam.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
SamuelMSr

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
I can't afford that either, I have to get free or nothing. And the free options are crap atm.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

vatothe0

Reaction score
So you want a brand new, not even released yet, $650 phone for free? I can't see why they didn't give it to you.............:shocked:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
As loyal as a customer you are, you're still just another number in their system. You being with them for so long doesn't make you any different than me being with them for only 3 years. Unfortunately, that's how it works and it'll only get worse as more people sign up (or leave after the crazy tiered plans they're going to implement). And you're right you won't get any free "up to date" phones from any other carrier either.

Glad you got it off your chest, but to be honest, this thread could go downhill quite fast...let's hope it stays friendly...

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
As loyal as a customer you are, you're still just another number in their system. You being with them for so long doesn't make you any different than me being with them for only 3 years. Unfortunately, that's how it works and it'll only get worse as more people sign up (or leave after the crazy tiered plans they're going to implement). And you're right you won't get any free "up to date" phones from any other carrier either.

Glad you got it off your chest, but to be honest, this thread could go downhill quite fast...let's hope it stays friendly...

I agree. We've been with verizon for over 10+ years. They couldn't care less about us as indivivuals. They only care about taking our money. Loyal customers get sh** in return. They're not in it to make friends or to make things better and cheaper for everyone, they just want to make as much money as possible. Hence their POS shared data plans and taking unlimited away as an option, plus making you buy full retail in order to keep your current unlimited. It's all about the money.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Oh, and to agree with dezymond, keep the asinine comments to yourself, please. No harassing.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

sunny757

Reaction score
I sell and buy all my phones on craigslist or eBay. Just picked up a RAZR one month ago for $225 and sold droid 2 on eBay for $80. That's probably your best bet. You would be surprised at the stuff you can sell to make up the difference just have to do some legwork. RAZR on craigslist is best bang for your buck given release of RAZR Maxx. Best part of doing it this way is you will eventually be out of contract in the short term.

At the end of the day you are getting something that will hopefully last two years. Don't get lost in the marketing hype for a new phone. Get something that came out a few months ago.

My two cents. Best of luck.