What IS the Droid I am looking for?

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am a Verizon customer and I am due for my upgrade. Though I am an avid Apple user I have decided to opt for a Droid instead of the iPhone, unfortunately I am quite technologically unenlightened and find after reading about and comparing the many different Droids Verizon offers, I have made no decision other than I need a nap.

As I often travel internationally, owning a world phone is important; I don't believe I have any other specific needs short of simply wanting to make the smartest choice, not getting stuck with another phone that inspires me to pound my fists in the air and curse regularly (my current phone is the Blackberry Storm).

Any advice would be welcomed and appreciated. Help me Obi Wan Kenobis, you're my only hope.

Thank you kindly.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well at the moment, only the Droid Pro and Droid 2 Global are world phones. If you need global capability and don't care for either of those, you will want to wait until the next wave of global phones come out

OP
T
Reaction score
Well at the moment, only the Droid Pro and Droid 2 Global are world phones. If you need global capability and don't care for either of those, you will want to wait until the next wave of global phones come out

Hello friend,

Thanks for the response. Do you have a preference between the Droid Pro and Droid 2?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Hello friend,

Thanks for the response. Do you have a preference between the Droid Pro and Droid 2?

To be honest, neither. I feel that the Droid Pro has a much too small screen for Android and don't necessarily care for that cramped blackberry style keyboard, and unless you need a keyboard (which I first I thought I needed, then switched to touchscreen) I would wait for a touchscreen only phone, they are generally lighter and sometimes cheaper/better camera/etc because they didn't have to spend money on the keyboard. I have no insider info or anything but If i had to estimate, i'd say the next world phone coming to verizon will be here by july (and could be lte capable.)

loki993

Reaction score
What about the Dinc 2? Its the same phone thats already released in England so it could at least be a world phone if they wanted it to be. Havent seen that spec mentioned though. Its single core and no LTE though. Thats a dealbreaker for me at least.