am i crazy for considering returning the nexus for a razr?

mthorn79

Reaction score
Your not crazy, I played with a Nexus & I agree with you, I wasn't wowed...well I was wowed by ICS but I have a soak-test coming my way real soon & hopefully it'll be ICS. Honestly, the Nexus doesn't really stand out (looks wise). The Razr just looks like a head turner, I've already had 4 people ask what phone I had at the bus station.

Funny thing too, the Nex is getting released to almost every carrier it seems like...Virgin Mobile & Lets Talk (ha), Verizon, AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile will all soon carry this phone & everyone in their dog will have it. Razr is tied to Verizon only so it makes this phone one of a kind in a sense of carriers.

BUT again like everyone else is saying, make your own choices & pick & choose what you think the best features will be for you.

patriot95

Reaction score

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Is that just an adhesive magnet that sticks to the back of your phone?

The magnet is in the center of the X mount. On the phone is a small adhesive metal disc. All you do is bring you phone to the X mount and it pulls it in secure. To take it of you roll the phone to the right or left and it releases. Hold very securely.

patriot95

Reaction score
The magnet is in the center of the X mount. On the phone is a small adhesive metal disc. All you do is bring you phone to the X mount and it pulls it in secure. To take it of you roll the phone to the right or left and it releases. Hold very securely.

Very cool. Have you ever had your phone fall out of the holder?

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Very cool. Have you ever had your phone fall out of the holder?

Once or twice but only when I did not take the time to make sure it was on the mount correctly. When places fully on the magnet it has not. The only other time has been engaging the aux jack and pushing down to hard. Certainly not as stable as a traditional dock but I would not trade it for anything else. I had a Pro Clip before and I do not miss all the plastic attachments and hardware with that.

patriot95

Reaction score
Once or twice but only when I did not take the time to make sure it was on the mount correctly. When places fully on the magnet it has not. The only other time has been engaging the aux jack and pushing down to hard. Certainly not as stable as a traditional dock but I would not trade it for anything else. I had a Pro Clip before and I do not miss all the plastic attachments and hardware with that.

Thank you I appreciate it.

And OP... you are not crazy. Get the phone YOU like best.

kparks

Reaction score
What Man ur crazy mannnnn.. I like ya but ur crzzyyy. Lol. I agree with most the razr rezound and nexus are all similar spec wise so now that there all out go get what ever one u think feels and works the best

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cp24eva

Reaction score
I don't even own either phones (I have a rezound) and I'd pick a nexus over a razr. Somethin about them Moto issues maaaaaan. I can't put my finger on it! Wait, yes I can. i did with the Droid 3 and the droid bionic. Great hardware, buggy software. Radios need some improvement too. i'd says Nexus or Rezound, but I know some folks aren't into the whole HTC thing. SO, yeah bub...YOU CRAZY!

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I went to Costco two days ago and checked out the Bionic, Razr and Nexus and came away with the Bionic. I say get which one YOU like, as you are going to be the one paying for it and using it for however long you keep your phones.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As most have said no you're not crazy.

I also agree that with the other current phones out, you really can't go wrong whatever you choose.

All I know is I've been trying to switch to a family plan to get the G Nex since 1am and its not working for me online.

Must be a sign.....lol. I still wanna spend some time with one tho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

JohnnyDroid

Reaction score
I know this is a strange question for someone to have about phones, but which one (of the big 3) is the best telephone? I'm asking because I lost a little hearing a few years back and I need a phone that's very clear and my Droid 1 just isn't good enough. I just switched to the family plan so I could reactivate my old beloved venerable LG VX5300 flip-phone. It's almost as good as I remembered it being. :hail:

cjsmoove

Reaction score
^^^I dont know which one is the best..but my Bionic is super clear...I don't plan on paying FULL price for this phone but I must say watching a video on it was pretty impressive......not $650+ impressive though......