Nexus? DROID RAZR maxx? I can't pick one! help!!!

OP
N

N3xus

Reaction score
dezymond said:
When I was running stock and even a ROM based on stock, I had a reboot every now and then, but it was very uncommon. I've been running AOKP for almost a week now and not a single reboot.

OK I rooted my phone and unlocked I went to rom manager looking for aokp but I can't find it! Help?

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I'll put it this way all of my fears about this phone came true (My nexus) , awful goddamn radios in them. I have been out house hunting here in the Raleigh area plus with my work I get around a bit and when I don't have a signal my relatives and coworkers do with their maxx.

Pretty Phone, Beautiful display, great OS, I love ics and have flashed several different kernels , themes, radios. I love it being unlocked

But all of that doesn't mean squat if the POS doesn't connect to the network, it is why I always have paid a premium price and tolerate being gangraped by Verizon was the reliability to always connect.

This phone has taken that reliability away which to me is at the point to where it is interfering with work and my house search. Plus the lack of any decent dock or accessories is also intolerable.

If somebody were to propose to me about trading even up their Maxx for my Nexus I would seriously consider it at this point.

Reaction score
the radios samsung uses are fine. the problem is the software, and vzw is holding up the update.

William_04_x

Reaction score
N3xus said:
Hey guys first of all I love this forum and this is my first thread, I truly need help from you guys. I'm on my fourth nexus and they all had the same issue, which is the reboot. I know it's a software issue but everyday it reboots more than two times. I love everything about the phone. I love stock Android, not a fan of blur, HTC sense, etc. Recently Verizon sent me the DROID RAZR maxx as a replacement. It's a solid phone, it lasted me 17 hours before it died, unlike the nexus it dies in 5 hours. So I'm asking you guys if you were in my shoes which one would you stay with!? Pure Google godness or go with a solid phone that doesn't have any issues at all. Keep in mind i have until Monday to make this decision.

If you want a solid device, with excellent battery life, the Maxx is it. After the first week of having mine, I haven't had to think about it. So what if it runs GB? It works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow. Really? Its a top of the line phone. U obviously don't prefer it but that does not mean it sucks. If we were outside on a sunny day and it was too bright for u to see ur nexus, I guarantee I'd be able to see my bionic's screen a million times better than yours. There's pros and cons for everything but everything non-nexus doesn't suck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

But even in the sun your Bionic screen would look like looking through a screen door.

Sorry, Bionic has the worst screen I've ever seen on a smart phone.

I can see my Nexus fine in the sun as long as the brightness is above 60%.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
But even in the sun your Bionic screen would look like looking through a screen door.

How well, compared to say a DX?

Reaction score

i have both phones, and i have to agree. i have perfect eyesight, but i still can't see my GN in bright sun. the people that disagree with this probably live in a deary, overcast northern state

the bionic's only redeeming value is screen brightness :D

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
i have both phones, and i have to agree. i have perfect eyesight, but i still can't see my GN in bright sun. the people that disagree with this probably live in a deary, overcast northern state

the bionic's only redeeming value is screen brightness :D

Being I live in Florida I would be ass out trying to see the gnex screen in full sun? That's quite a put off, may have to rethink my next purchase now.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Being I live in Florida I would be ass out trying to see the gnex screen in full sun? That's quite a put off, may have to rethink my next purchase now.

I keep my display around 75% all of the time. I can see it in the sunlight, unlike the DX where it was useless to even try.

B

bens42608

Why are these people so insecure when it comes the the bionic? There's no top of the linenphone right now that has an absolutely awful screen or one that actually looks like ur looking through a screen door. Ur obviously taking about the pentile matrix but that is a microscopic anomaly - ur really grasping at straws with that complaint. Now, putting a gnex and bionic in bright Florida sun, the gnex would be washed out and unviewable while the bionic would he bright and clear. Now that is a real argument n far from kocroscopic.I hate these arguments but u guys arenso annoying when u blow things out of proportion to make yourself feel cooler. These are all great phones so if u wanna make an argument then go ahead and debate it, but don't say these stupid things that are so exaggerated

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Guys this is pretty back and forth and seems to be accomplishing nothing at all. So much so that the OP asked a question on the last page and got completely ignored, this is their thread so let's try to make sure we keep it that way from here on out.

OK I rooted my phone and unlocked I went to rom manager looking for aokp but I can't find it! Help?

If you go into ROM manager and look under "Team KANG" you can find AOKP. However, I just looked and the most current build is not in there right now. In fact it is a couple behind at this point.

OP
N

N3xus

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
Guys this is pretty back and forth and seems to be accomplishing nothing at all. So much so that the OP asked a question on the last page and got completely ignored, this is their thread so let's try to make sure we keep it that way from here on out.

If you go into ROM manager and look under "Team KANG" you can find AOKP. However, I just looked and the most current build is not in there right now. In fact it is a couple behind at this point.

Thank you, where can I find AOKP latest build at? One more question, which rom makes the battery last a whole day if possible because I'm a driver and I need a rom that can last me at least 12 hours without dying.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Current AOKP Releases

M
ilestone 4 is a 4.0.3 build and Milestone 5 is a complete 4.0.4 build. I just flashed M5 last night myself, loving it thus far. Then again, AOKP ROMs have never really disappointed me yet besides maybe lacking a few features, but that's just me being spoiled. It's always best to download and flash the ROMs yourself in Clockwork Recovery. Don't forget to grab the GAPPS for whatever release you choose, there should be a link to them at the bottom of every individual release page.

As far as battery life goes, AOKP does a good job coupled with a good kernel. I personally prefer either Franco's kernel or Imoysen's Lean Kernel. Both can be accessed if you grab Franco's app from the market. Makes installation of either kernel, both stable and nightlies, very easy. Also has a bunch of other useful settings and tweaks, especially the color control. If you thought your Nexus display was gorgeous before, wait until you set the adjustments to what Franco suggests. Even more gorgeous.

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The only thing I would add to what money had to say was make sure you download the toro build, that's the one you need for the VZW nexus.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
+1 for Franco's app.

I wasn't getting the results I expected/wanted from Franco's kernel so I just switched to Imoysen's today. I'll run that for a week and see how it works out for me. Franco kernel was very smooth and everything, but for some reason I wasn't getting the battery life that some others were getting. I did get the 12-15hrs, but some have said they've gotten to close to 20hrs at 75%, I wasn't getting that (might be because I may use it a bit more), but I'm trying a new kernel for fun. The app makes it that easy to switch on a whim too, so it doesn't hurt.