am i crazy for considering returning the nexus for a razr?

droidtom

Reaction score
so id been wanting a razr since release. held off to see the nexus first. went this morning and picked one up. it is nice , really nice. screen is amazing. ics is nice and more similar to my galaxy tab 10.1 but im not wowed. the car mount i saw for the nexus looked like a bad joke. the accessories for the razr are first class and i had all of them for my dx. i know most on here seem to care more about bootloaders, rooting, and roms than accessories etc. i liked some of the newer blur enhancements too like their new contacts widget. not the same old blur from the dx for sure. tell me am i nuts?

shamus

Reaction score
I felt the same way until I unlocked the RAZR and had flashbacks of my old DroidX.
It's a beautiful phone but, IMO, its beauty is only skin deep.

I wouldn't say you're nuts. But if blur is your thing, it's a pretty nice phone.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
so id been wanting a razr since release. held off to see the nexus first. went this morning and picked one up. it is nice , really nice. screen is amazing. ics is nice and more similar to my galaxy tab 10.1 but im not wowed. the car mount i saw for the nexus looked like a bad joke. the accessories for the razr are first class and i had all of them for my dx. i know most on here seem to care more about bootloaders, rooting, and roms than accessories etc. i liked some of the newer blur enhancements too like their new contacts widget. not the same old blur from the dx for sure. tell me am i nuts?

Only you can decide what *you* want.

But I'll just say that the accessories that are out now for the Nexus are not the ones you're going to get. The car dock you saw is not the dock, it's a mount. The dock that's coming will use the dock connectors so you don't have to plug the phone in.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
The RAZR is a good phone and the GNex isn't for everyone. It's the only phone I'm interested in, but that doesn't mean it's right for you. Get what makes sense to you.

busab

Reaction score
I don't think you're nuts. I went and looked at the nexus today and i think I will be keeping my Razr. There just are not enough of a difference for me to justify getting a nexus and once the Razr has ICS it will be a much more level playing field. BUT if i already had a nexus I don't think i would return it for the razr. Both are amazing devices.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a trick time to love phones because a lot of the blur and sense UI's are really nice. I have a rezound and while I would like to be running a custom rom or even just have full root, the phone out of the box is so awesome I can wait a long time for root. All 3 big phones this year are awesome, I would go for which one you like on overall feel. Not just for one specific spec or feature.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I kind of debated on the same thing... Razr vs Nexus. I had an OG droid, and have family / friends that had other moto phones. The build quality on all of them has always been superb and the phones had always seemed quite stable and reliable for them. So naturally, I was a bit worried to go to samsung.

Ultimately my choice went to the Nexus. I know the Nexus will have a great modding community, it has a great screen, so far i'm loving the on screen buttons too! Another thing was how it felt in my hand. The razr just did not feel good to me, the edges or something IDK, but really disliked it. The Nexus has more rounded edges and sits much more nicely in my hand, and that I appreciate. Its thickness is by no means a problem to me considering I came from an OG droid :p

jzmax22

Reaction score
Get the bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

droidtom

Reaction score
i will say the more ive used this thing, it is a super fast phone. benchmarks are crap, but the phone is smooth as butter

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Accessories for the nexus will come out a bit later than normal, this phone was essentially a silent launch, a lot of companies that normally provide us with great accessories still haven't finished creating them. The company I always use for my cases just started shipping their cases today for the LTE version, so I think we'll see a lot nicer accessories in the near future.

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Last edited: