Am I bricked?

Skint007

Reaction score
So I'm totaly new to this rooting thing, but I don't know what to do now because my phone wont turn on anymore.

I rooted my phone a couple days ago, and found a cool rom called Sourcery. So I preceded to flash my rom to it(followed the instructions on here to flash to 2.2).

It said everything went ok and I rebooted the phone, then it sat at the new Sourcery loading screen for about an hour, figuring something was defilently wrong I pulled the battery so I could reboot it.

After restarting it I let to try to load again just to see what would happen, but after another 15 mins at the Sourcery loading screen I knew it wasn't going to work.

Pulled the battery again, this time booted into recovery mode by holding down X and went to nandroid and run my latest recovery. This takes a while so I went to sleep.

I wake up this morning and now my phone wont power on at all...

So am I screwed or does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

cobjones

Reaction score
Sounds like your battery died trying to reboot...

Get a charged battery and sbf.

Sent from my DROID2

OP
S

Skint007

Reaction score
Ok I'll leave my phone plugged in for a while see if it'll charge my battery.

cobjones

Reaction score
If you are in a loop it will not charge.. you will need to borrow a charger or battery.

There is a usb charging trick, but it is not for beginners.

Sent from my DROID2

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
agreed, dead battery. Get another whether you borrow it or buy one, or get the one you have charged outside the phone. Sounds like that's your issue.

cobjones

Reaction score
Remeber that if you have a friend with a D1 that you can use their battery too.

Sent from my DROID2

comk4ver

Reaction score
Couldn't he try just plugging in the phone without the battery? Then when the phone request/queries regarding the phone insert it then? He could of course ask another friend with the same phone to swap out batteries... next time keep your phone plugged into the charger while flashing... works for me every time.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cobjones

Reaction score
when sbf-ing it requires you have a charged battery.

There is a way to charge the battery by splicing a usb cord and directly connecting to the battery while in the phone.

It was an old article I read on Engadget.

You might look that up and try it too.

Sent from my DROID2

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^ surprisingly hard not to tell them too. I went off on the pest.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Total dirty lie (don't want to go home to charge) & the little freak new it. Tried to lie back & tell me they didn't have a charger. That is when I asploded on his feelings with the rage of a whole work day without a cell.

I hung around for about 30 minutes messing with the displays then left for lunch & came back to pick it up. They were staring at me like they called homeland security.

I loathe going inside a Verizon store because of their employees (that I've met).

cobjones

Reaction score
I loled...they are pretty much worthless.

I went in the other day to play with a Zoom (had time to kill), and I had to step in and give an answer to someone when the employee looked dumbfounded.

I suggest noone ever take advice from the store... its better to get on here or xda for answers.

Sent from my DROID2