1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bricked Moto Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by doomer4life, Nov 16, 2010.

1. doomer4life

doomer4life New Member

First Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

I had my screen go out in my original Moto Droid and Verizon sent me a "Like New" Replacement. It seemed to be working fine I rooted it using the Instructions from MotoCache1's Thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html)

It worked great for a week I had switched from Sprecovery to Clockwork and then was running UD2.0 with no issues then last night I looked over at the phone and noticed the screen back-light was on full blast but the screen was blank. I then attempted to hit the lock button with it doing nothing. I then pulled the battery and rebooted. I got the Motorola Boot Logo and after it went away the screen was bare no image nothing just blank screen. I gave it a few mins and when nothing happened i pulled the battery again and booted while holding "x" to get to Recovery Manager and it never made it past the Moto Boot logo. I tried several times for I had heard that if you hold in "x" too long it wont go to recovery and any time "x" had ever been touched the boot logo would never disappear.

After a decent amount of time I thought well screw it I will reinstall the .spf file from MotoCache1 and start all over again. I ran thru it without issues Sprecovery was reinstalled and all with no issues. And reinstalled his Root update.zip with Sprecovery saying that Installation Complete. When I rebooted the phone went to Moto Boot Logo and no further. I pulled battery and rebooted while holding "x" this time it went to sprecovery so I reinstalled again MotoCache1's root and rebooted and it happened again nothing past Moto Boot Logo. At this point I decided to call it for the night and plugged it in so at least the battery would be charged lol.

When I woke up this morning the screen was blank save for the Notification bar was now there. So I "played" around with it for a few minutes and the notification bar disappeared and the backlight stayed on so i pulled the battery and went to work. After about 4 hours of having the battery not in the phone at work I put the battery back in and attempted to boot it again and this time the notification bar appeared and the background image but when i picked up the phone and touched the screen they both disappeared and the screen remained blank. Since then I have not been able to get the notification bar or background.

I decided since Verizon sent me the "Like New" phone I would call them and see about a replacement again which they are sending me so I do have a long term resolution but nevertheless I would like to see if anyone in the mean time has any suggestions or things for me to try to resolve this as it seems odd. I am not saying it is necessarily bricked but I dont know what else I can do.

P.S. Also if anyone does give me a fix that works I will prolly need to "unfix" it after since it is being sent off to verizon and I dont want to have to pay them for fraud. lol
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010