Help phone wont turn on!!!

necronomican

Reaction score
Ok i put Bugless Beast on my phone worked great then i went and put a new kernel ok it it was Bekits 1.3ghz LV and when rebooted it froze on the M for Motorola screen which wasn't a big deal i was gunna just reboot with a battery pull and go back into recovery mode and flash the backup i made..but when i battery pulled it will not turn back on what so ever .. i pulled it for 30 min and still no power on to get to recovery mode.. the light comes on with the battery in and USB plugged in and that wont even force boot like it normally does when u plug it in..Help me Please!!!! did i brick my phone?

OP
necronomican

necronomican

Reaction score
UPDATE: Got it to boot...
It wouldnt turn on with the phone plugged in the wall but i was trying everything so i plugged it into the computer and about 5 min later it booted into the M and i missed holding the X key to get it to boot into recovery so i battery pulled and held the X key for the whole 5 min and got into recovery and booted one of the recovery's i had and it did the same thing booted to the M and froze battery pull again and again it wouldnt turn on so i pulled battery and SD Card then gunna try to boot with USB to computer again..

OP
necronomican

necronomican

Reaction score
It was at 30 % but plugged in when this happened.. can a low battery and still being plugged cause it not to boot?

OP
necronomican

necronomican

Reaction score
ok ill let it charge it should boot right into Bugless Beast V1 if it boots..i just read the one thread were it says don't do updates it means 2.1 android but im sure it implies to changing themes to..Do i have the right idea?

hookerdj

Reaction score
if it boots up i would suggest flashing a diferent kernel too i am not sure if the bekit one will work bekits are mainly for cyanogen roms i think
?

OP
necronomican

necronomican

Reaction score
if your battery is to low when your trying to put a ROM or Kernel will it cause the phone to lose all power and shut off?

hookerdj

Reaction score
i heard similiar stories to this let it charge the rest of the night in the wall and see in the morning

OP
necronomican

necronomican

Reaction score
I bielieve thats what it was it just booted and BB is back up and im gunna let it charge and leave a update tomorow if nothings wrong if somthing is wrong ill keep posting ..maybe a moderator should post something for just general knowledge not to try updates or ROMS or Kernal swaps when the battery is under 50%..Just and idea

OP
necronomican

necronomican

Reaction score
UPDATE:Ok BB V1 would go to main screen and stay there the min. you moved to another screen or clicked a app it would reboot did it 4 times so i had to switch to my CM rom and it booted and works great..

smokiedabong

Reaction score
If it's a fresh ROM you won't get a accurate battery reading , it needs a couple charging cycles to calibrate . Probably your battery was at 0% and the reading was inaccurate , it's a known fact that with your battery fully discharged you need to charge it for a while at a wall plug to start , the USB port won't do it .