Almost bricked phone?

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Bootloader is when you hold the d-pad up key while powering up, but you know that right? If you are holding the 'x' key while powering up, you're trying to boot into recovery. Just wanted to make sure because I have seen people here get them confused.

Now what has happened to your phone is that it has a froyo/2.2 rom on it, but the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file you flashed to it contains not only SPRecovery, but an Eclair/2.1 kernel as well and that is why your phone is acting the way it is. I doubt you could go right to MotoCache1's root any phone guide straight from here because his custom .sbf file ONLY contains the SPRecovery and therefore will not overwrite your conflicting kernel.

So, now what? You need to try flashing a full .sbf file, not one of the custom ones. I would recommend going ahead and using the FRG22D one. There are numerous guides here and there for using RSD Lite and this method, I have one at my site below, and I also have the FRG22D .sbf file in my file collection.

So try booting into bootloader and try to flash, however if it still says battery dead and won't let you, then you will need to either get a battery only charger, or find a friend with a working droid to charge your battery for you.

good luck