Phone won't charge correctly?

hexdaemon

Reaction score
I did a quick search, but didn't see anything matching this description.

For the first time since I've had it, I ran my Droid all the way down until it died on its own, and now I'm having some trouble charging it. When I plug it in to the wall, it turns on automatically (as it always has), but dies after just a few seconds after boot up, and sometimes won't even make it past the droid eye. The white light near the USB charger also does not light up.

On the other hand, if I plug it into my computer, that white light does go on, but the phone does not turn on automatically, and even after waiting an hour, I cannot turn it on.

Right now, I used the outlet to turn it on and went to recovery mode (holding x while starting up), letting sit on the outlet to see if it will charge that way. The white light is not on, but it hasn't shut off after 15-20 minutes.

Can anyone offer me any advice? If it makes a difference, I'm running Bugless Beast 0.5, currently booted into SPRecovery, if anything else will help, please just ask.

OP
H

hexdaemon

Reaction score
Sorry, freaked out a little bit too soon, after leaving it in recovery mode for a little bit and then simply rebooting, it seems to be charging normally. At 20% battery life, phone is staying on.