Advice for repurposing deactivated Bionic

jk12475

Reaction score
So I finally had enough of my laggy Bionic and along with a well timed upgrade and 30% off coupon, I now am the proud owner of a Moto X. Needless to say, my children will NOT be playing with this one. This leads me to the issue of setting it up the Bionic as a gaming device.

It is still laggy as hell, especially for a 3 yo. She wants to decorate her cake NOW, no excuses lol My question therefore is whats the best way to go about setting it up? The phone is rooted and I dont mind tinkering with it. I dont need instructions, just advice for the best possible performance. I figure its one of 3 options but I'm open to suggestions.

1. Factory reset, but how do I get past activation and get my apps back?
2. Some sort of "cleaner" program to maybe soft reset and return functionality but still keep my apps
3. Flash a new ROM and use titanium to restore apps but I still have the activation issue.

Thanks in advance, my girls eagerly await a resolution!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
1. There's usually an option, especially when there isn't a SIM card in it, to skip the activation or I think it does it automatically when a cell tower can't be reached(which it won't). Apps come back when you log in with your gmail account
2. You can give Clean Master a shot
3. Can do this as well and not have an issue with activation

Carol_in_FL

Reaction score
1. There's usually an option, especially when there isn't a SIM card in it, to skip the activation or I think it does it automatically when a cell tower can't be reached(which it won't). Apps come back when you log in with your gmail account
2. You can give Clean Master a shot
3. Can do this as well and not have an issue with activation
Regarding installing Clean Master -- I have a 2 year old Droid 3 that was getting real laggy, 1st I replaced the battery and then I installed Clean Master. Clean Master works best if you go into Settings and put it on "Auto-Clean". You should also remove any unnecessary apps, move apps from memory to the SD card, if you have live wallpaper change it to a plain picture, and shut down all notifications that are running all the time in the background (like Facebook, email, etc.). My phone is not rooted so it still has all the Verizon bloatware plus 2 years of me adding apps and doing all of this seemed to help a lot and reduce the lag considerably. Good Luck!

OP
J

jk12475

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try the cleaner and see what that does for me. I guess I will also kill any apps I no longer need and disable anything I cant remove. If it still wont do what I need I will FDR and I believe there is a way to bypass activation? Thanks for the suggestions.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
The 4 corner press is the same way I bypassed activation on my OG Droid. Must be a android or moto thing [video=youtube;hXDix3MxVDo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXDix3MxVDo[/video]