Desperate attempt to save my memories. Please help!

guatever

Reaction score
Ok, long story but I'll try to spare the excessive details. Basically I have a Bionic with Verizon. I have been backpacking in Central America for 3 months. Today my nightmare came true and my phone was stolen. My mother freaked out and deactivated the phone. I've been trying to remotely access the phone to recover the pictures. I have no hope for recovering the phone itself, but losing the pictures from this trip is heart breaking. I tried using androidlost but since the phone was deactivated prematurely I can't register the app remotely. Is there any program or app out there that can help me recover the picture even though the phone is not longer 'active' with Verizon. I'm still signed into everything on the phone and was able to upload the app remotely via my Google Play account. Anything you can offer would be helpful.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, without it being able to access the network, I don't know there's much you can do.

Hope it gets turned on in a wifi location? :(

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
As Guidot said, without access to the internet (either via 3G/4G, or WIFI), you will not be able to talk to the phone with the recovery app. You could try to contact Verizon, explain the problem and see if they can reactivate it temporarily so you can run the locate app and hopefully find the phone.

You said you were able to upload the Androidlost app to the phone, when did you do this, before it was deactivated by Mom or afterwards? If afterwards, what has you convinced that it definitely did install, does Google Play now show it as an installed app on your phone? If so, the phone has internet access somehow, and must be WIFI given that it's been taken off the Verizon network. In that case, I'd try the Plan B app that Sherri linked above. Of course, it only works on 2.0 and 2.3, so that may be no good either. You can try some other apps as well. As long as you can remotely install apps and they are taking, the phone is on, has power, and is connected to the internet somehow, so don't give up.