Help recovering photos. Please?

CJD

Reaction score
I need help recovering photos that were hidden in a "Secure Gallery" application. My old Samsung Galaxy S3's screen cracked and will turn on but will not display anything. I put the old Sd from said phone into my new replacement Gs3 but it didn't recover any of my photos or music or the photos inside the Secure Gallery app. I have tried plugging my old phone with the cracked screen into my computer via Usb and looking through files but I couldn't find anything. Any suggestions on how to recover the photos? I don't have the right tools to switch motherboards with my phones, either.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

This is a wild guess but based on sound, (security), principles. However you managed to create a secured Gallery it was intended to keep you from doing what it sounds like you are trying to do. If you could recover it, it wouldn't have been very secure. Most such security software requires some sort of unlock process be executed on the same device, using the same software.

The only thing I feel might work is if you have an unlock key and install the app you used, (if you used one), to unlock that on another phone. You are very unlikely to get the data off the internal memory without repairing the phone.

ZOEEE

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung
MobiKin Doctor for Android is one of the best Android file recovery tools for you to preview the deleted files and recover them from your Android phone easily. It allows you to restore deleted files from Android internal memory and SD card.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@ZOEEE Why do you keep posting in very old threads and always mention "data recovery"?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: