Lost all of my apps and they can't be recovered?

Lostallofmyapps

Reaction score
The beginning of this year, i have a droid incredible with verizon. I had bought a ton of apps but then I ended up breaking my phone. I just got a lg esteem from metroPCS and I can't seem to recover my apps, even though I'm using the name number.

I don't think I had a gmail account registered to my original phone either. I remembered using a hotmail account,but I'm unsure if that would sync my apps.

Is there a way I can recover all the apps I bought? Or a way that I can prove that the credit card that paid for these apps was indeed mine and recover them that way?

I tried logging in with my hotmail account and it acted like i never bought apps with that hotmail account, and it said I hadn't.

So are they recoverable using one of the ways mentioned above, or another way?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
your gmail account was registered to your Inc otherwise you wouldn't be able to use Android. apps only sync to gmail, no other account.

try logging into the market with your gmail account.

OP
L

Lostallofmyapps

Reaction score
your gmail account was registered to your Inc otherwise you wouldn't be able to use Android. apps only sync to gmail, no other account.

try logging into the market with your gmail account.

The one I'm using currently isn't the same as the old one. And I don't remember what my old one was. I could figure out the password if I knew what the gmail account username was.
Is there a way to recover it?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It worked! Thank you so much! One more question: I now have access to reinstall the apps on my old device... How do I sync my current phone with my old account?
Glad to hear!

Just log into that gmail account on your new phone. Settings ---> Accounts --> add the gmail account.

OP
L

Lostallofmyapps

Reaction score
Glad to hear!

Just log into that gmail account on your new phone. Settings ---> Accounts --> add the gmail account.

I synced the phone but it's only showing me 12 apps from my old phone via my new phone. Logging in online i see all of my apps, and then when I click install, it goes straight to my old phone... I don't know how to change my "primary device," or if that's even possible.

Do you know how by any chance?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I synced the phone but it's only showing me 12 apps from my old phone via my new phone. Logging in online i see all of my apps, and then when I click install, it goes straight to my old phone... I don't know how to change my "primary device," or if that's even possible.

Do you know how by any chance?
Since you logged into your new device when you hit install there should be an option to change which device it installs to. I see this option since my gmail account is synced to my Xoom as well.

Another thing you could do is logout of your gmail account on your Incredible then it should go straight to your new device.

OP
L

Lostallofmyapps

Reaction score
Since you logged into your new device when you hit install there should be an option to change which device it installs to. I see this option since my gmail account is synced to my Xoom as well.

Another thing you could do is logout of your gmail account on your Incredible then it should go straight to your new device.

It worked. Thanks a lot for your time!