Deactivating my Eris

golf3r

Reaction score
Hopefully this is in the right forum. I'm selling my Eris, so I deactivated it by re-activating my enV2 on the account, an did a hard reset. Is the Eris still tied to my account? I don't want the new owner activating it back onto my account somehow. Thanks.

OP
G

golf3r

Reaction score
They are going for about 200 on eBay from what it looks like. Do you think I should talk to a Verizon rep?

xliderider

Reaction score
Make sure you go to Menu, Settings, Accounts & Sync, and remove/delete your accounts (Google, etc.). Likewise with your email accounts.

OP
G

golf3r

Reaction score
i can't get into the phone after i did the hard reset because it needs to be activated first and i somehow can't get around it. the hard reset shpould have taken care of everything, right?

eliassami5

Reaction score
Tip: How to Bypass Android Activation Screen on Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

droid-activation-212x300.jpg
droid-activation2-212x300.jpg

WDroid

Reaction score
I am a Verizon Rep. To answer some of your questions:

#1:If you activated your Envy3 on your phone line your phone is no longer linked to your Verizon account. You will not be billed the $29.99 Data feature unless you chose the 'Unlimited Data' for your Envy3.

#2: YOU SHOULD NEVER HARD RESET A DROID!!!! ((AKA BATTERY PULL)))

#3: The easiest way to disconnect all your info is to "Factory Reset" your phone. Under 'Settings' -> 'Privacy or security' This will restore it to "Out of box" condition.

Hope this helps. Good luck selling the phone!

((Sad to see people leave the Droid world. Droid beats ANY phone))

eliassami5

Reaction score

#1:If you activated your Envy3 on your phone line your phone is no longer linked to your Verizon account. You will not be billed the $29.99 Data feature unless you chose the 'Unlimited Data' for your Envy3.

#3: The easiest way to disconnect all your info is to "Factory Reset" your phone. Under 'Settings' -> 'Privacy or security' This will restore it to "Out of box" condition.

what do you mean "hard reset" a droid...the only way to "reset" the phone is by going into the recovery or in the settings. or using RSD if you like doing things the hard way..

WDroid

Reaction score

what do you mean "hard reset" a droid...the only way to "reset" the phone is by going into the recovery or in the settings. or using RSD if you like doing things the hard way..

Customers hear Verizon Reps say we are going to "Hard Reset" the phone (((Typical phones and Blackberry's require a battery pull to fix problems sometimes))) So I just wanted to make sure the person asking the question wasn't pulling the battery out while the phone is still powered on. It's not good for the phone.

OP
G

golf3r

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys, no i didnt pull the battery out i just held down the 'volume down' and 'send' buttons while the phone was off and did the factory restore. also, thanks for helping me get around that welcome screen i'll check to make sure everything is devoid of my personal information.