Need help deactivating a Droid...

7boo

Reaction score
Ok heres the deal, i bought a droid off craigslist for $400 called verizon before i bought it said it was a clean ESN etc. so i went a head a got it.

I open it up gives me the option to activate it so i tried it. And now the phones active on someones number / service, ive had the phone on for 3 weeks nobody calls it or anything and verizon will not do a thing about it. I just want to deactivate this phone so i can at least use it or sell it. What can i do? Anybody know how i can deactivate this phone? I can assure you i did not steal it or fraud anything i just bought the phone off craigslist and the person that sold it to me will not contact me at all either.

What can i do? I really could use the $400 :greendroid:

Thanks for any help!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha! I bet someones gonna MAD when they find out the phone's still on the account....

Welcome to the forum...

freemenot

Reaction score
Call Verizon wireless customer service, and tell them that the ESN on your phone is set to the wrong account on the network. Make sure you explain you got the phone from elsewhere.

OP

7boo

Reaction score
Well i have 2 problems.

1. I dont have a verizon account i planned on going verizon but im still on AT&T so im most likely going to just sell it.

2. They told me that only the account owner can call and deactivate it which i have no way of contacting them to even ask them to do so.

Im just stuck out of luck of $400 :mad:

freemenot

Reaction score
Well, then, thats the sellers fault that he didn't deactivate his phone. But why did you buy the phone if you didn't plan on getting a VZW plan? If you get a vzw plan, it can be switched over.

OP

7boo

Reaction score
Prepaid verizon wireless phone work? Then get them to switch it? All in all i would really just like to deactivate the phone so i can get rid of it, im tired of dealing with it tbh

OP

7boo

Reaction score
Paid cash for it over 3 weeks ago, theres no getting it back, i would really just like to get it deactivate so i can sell it. Im not in to scamming nobody so i dont want to sell it to someone else unless its deactivate

JCo352

Reaction score
lol enjoy the free service...well i guess its not totally free

OP

7boo

Reaction score
I dont want to use it or run up a bill if the person owned it pressed charges or anything like that, i just want the damn thing gone! lol

Daywalker

Reaction score
Go to the store.
I took my girlfriends phone back and gave it to a friend of mine.
I went with her BUT she walked up started her service and handed guy the phone he put it in her name and started service..never asked me one question and I never got so much as a text message that phone was transferd, on my bill it just showes that line inactive now.
For all he knew she found it in the street.

OP

7boo

Reaction score
Go to the store.
I took my girlfriends phone back and gave it to a friend of mine.
I went with her BUT she walked up started her service and handed guy the phone he put it in her name and started service..never asked me one question and I never got so much as a text message that phone was transferd, on my bill it just showes that line inactive now.
For all he knew she found it in the street.

Now thats a idea my friend thanks! ill give it a try

huskur

Reaction score
something sounds very fishy......its just not "jiving" so to speak. Read the OP's posts....good story to a phone that may have been "found". Found?? yeah thats it!! I found it :)

Jackattack

Reaction score
Just a suggestion you never know....

I tried a factory reset a way's back to try and correct some issues I was having and I do believe if I am remembering correctly that I had to re-activate the phone after words... Try a factory reset and see if that works.

I apologize if I am incorrect here but I am not going to factory reset my phone and loose everything to try again.

If you don’t care about the reset it won’t hurt you to try it....

As for the phone already being on an account, the guy probably sold it for 400 to get out of the contract, pay the cancelation fee and start over...

Hope this helps …

Let me know