if i buy an htc incredible, do i need to re-buy the apps?

Aluminum21

Reaction score
If I sell the droid and deactivate and buy the incredible, then buy the incredible and link my gmail account to it, do I need to re-buy the apps I downloaded, and will I still have a history of my app store downloads.

Not saying I'm going to do this but was thinking about it

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I sell the droid and deactivate and buy the incredible, then buy the incredible and link my gmail account to it, do I need to re-buy the apps I downloaded, and will I still have a history of my app store downloads.

Not saying I'm going to do this but was thinking about it

I say no, and here's why. Your phone number is going to be the same and Google account is associated with your phone number, not the type of phone. It shouldn't be any different then if you were to get a factory warranty replacement.

jasonb

Reaction score
once you sign in with your google (Gmail) account all your contacts and apps will sync up to the new phone. that's it, pretty simple. palm does it the same way, as does apple i think.

Rollingbones

Reaction score
If they could put the qwerty keyboard from the Devour on the Incredible, I would seriously consider it, but they're not so I won't and if I were to, paying for a few aps after the expense of switching phones at this point would be menuscal in comparrison.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I almost never use the keyboard, and I can type faster with swype then a keyboard